“An experience in luxury, comfort and service”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Toronto, Ontario
“An experience in luxury, comfort and service”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Since my first visit in Calgary in 1965, I have stayed in just about every 3*-hotel in town; however, the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (SSCEC) is not only my favourite hotel there, but, arguably, the best one. It is located within the Eau Claire Market, adjacent to the Prince’s Island Park and the Bow River, and removed from traffic, yet centrally-located.

Last August, my family and I spent one night there. From check-in to check-out, it was a most pleasant stay, and earned my family’s unanimous approval. As I know from the past, the front-desk staff and, for that matter, the entire staff is friendly, helpful and courteous. Although one of our reserved rooms was not quite ready (because of another guest’s late check-out), we found it very convenient to have dinner in the “BWET Lounge, while waiting, because Barclay’s Restaurant, while still open, would not have allowed us to dine leisurely. While my family enjoyed western dishes, I decided on a pizza. It was very tasty and cooked precisely to order (i.e. not over-baked). Apart from after-dinner drinks, we ordered as bottle of, I seem to recall, Painter Bridge Zinfandel with our meals. The waiter went out of his way to please us. He even directed us to a table protected from the blast of the AC.

After dinner, we collected our room keys and occupied our rooms. Entering them was an experience for my family: spacious suites; luxurious drapes; comfortable “Heavenly Beds”; plush carpets; well-stocked bathrooms; soft bath robes; bottled water, and fruit platters, including chocolate-covered strawberries, crackers and cheese.

While my family prepared for bed, I decided to visit the Promenade pool. Fortunately, unlike in the past, I encountered no young guests on the water slide. My only criticism of the property is the position of the end of the slide, because it delivers its users with a mighty splash into the pool inundating swimmers , as I remember from the past. If the slide’s end could be redirected, it would be a pleasure for length swimmers.

While the hotel offers in every guest room wire-based and wireless Internet access, I was too tired to use these services. Of course, the hotel’s lobby has the ubiquitous Link@sheraton. It also offers access to its business centre 24 h a day.

While I have stayed in most of the Canadian Sheraton hotels, the club lounge in the SSCEC serves arguably the best and ample breakfast and coffee, an opinion shared by my family.

We regretted not having been able to stay longer. On the other hand, maybe a short stay is best, lest one becomes too used to the luxury and service quality. The SSCEC offers a unique feature, namely, letterhead imprinted with a guest’s name. While modern technology makes this easy and inexpensive, it is another example of the high standard and thoughtfulness for guests’ comfort with which the SSCEC is managed.

Check-out was easy, and we were on our way to Banff, Alberta in no time, but we took our hotel experience with us, tucked away in our minds for recall in the future.

Room Tip: While none of thew rooms is exposed to traffic noise, I rewcommend club-level rooms, preferably look...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonifacius
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing review! It is rewarding to hear your thoughts, describing each detail of your experience with us in Calgary. We take great pride in providing exceptional service to our loyal guests such as yourself. We are extremely honoured that the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is your hotel of choice in Calgary. The features of our property you mentioned like the Sheraton Club floor amenities, the Link@Sheraton, the personalized letterhead, and premier dining experiences are just some of the services we offer so guests upon departure take with them a great memory. I am thrilled you enjoyed your room amenities and were able to take advantage of the surrounding area. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team!

Thank you again for the high recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

Gord Minor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Kindersley, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed at the Sheraton a few times it does not disappoint. If you are trying to stay here during the week, the rates can be pretty high due to all the corporate functions that are held here but try on Friday and Sat. you might be surprised at the cost for a great suite. The location is wonderful, easy to get to and out of and has lots of activities in the vicinity of the hotel.

Parking is valet and a little expensive but if you park on the street it can be fairly inconvenient. We stayed until late Monday and were able to keep our vehicle here after we checked out. In the end, it probably cost us the same for parking over night and the next day street parking, plus the vehicle was warm and safe.

The valets, doormen, concierge, and front desk staff were all very helpful and friendly.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to complete such a helpful and detailed review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our outstanding team. I am glad you were able to take advantage of special weekend rates and partake in what our surrounding neighborhood has to offer! My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards

Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have been to this hotel several times. This is my first review. I have to say this hotel has always been one of our favorites. It is so great to be able to stay in the hotel and not have to walk outside to go shopping or out to eat. We use the Plus 15 buildings to get where ever we need to be. The service at this hotel is outstanding!!! The buffet breakfast at in house resteraunt is delicious!! The ONLY thing I would have to complain about is that the beds themselves are getting old and not at all as comfortable as they used to be. I guess thats what happens with age. I would defintiely reccomend this hotel and stay again and again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank canadiangirl91
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
It is alway great to learn that your "Stays always great!!"

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Best Regards

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to spend 3 nights at that hotel during Christmas period, and we weren't disappointed.
Location is great, it's near a park, walking path, Eau Claire Market, and a 5 minute walk away from Calgary's downtown, train station, and Core Mall.
Room was clean and nicely done with sufficient amenities. The room also had a humidifier in it, which was great given Calgary's climate, but it was extremely loud we never turned it on.
We ordered food to the room a couple of times and it was always warm and delicious.
The only problem we faced was the pre-ordered breakfast, I filled out a form and put it on the outside of the door handle before 2AM as they specified, but in the morning my breakfast didn't come because no one from room service checked the door handles for requests.
All in all, a highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bilalhouri
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback from your most recent stay and your high recommendation. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotel, surrounding area, and assortment of options available through our In Suite Dining. I do apologize for the oversight with your doorknob menu not being collected, but I trust we were able to get your breakfast to you in a timely fashion. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I attended a corporate seminar that was hosted by this hotel and was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Seminar food was plentiful and an abundant selection available for breakfast and lunches provided. Hotel location was easily accessible and walking distance to downtown restaurants and shopping. Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank murtle264
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled to learn that you truly enjoyed your entire experience while attending a corporate seminar at our hotel. We definitely look forward to having another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back.

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed lovely quiet night at the Sheraton. Great location for a walk in the park, taking in a movie next door and lots of great restaurants nearby. The room was spacious and comfy on a cold winter night. Excellent value at this time of year. Only issue I had was being charged for using a lounge that my wife and I didn't know about. Glad I checked my bill. Also had another problem earlier this year while on business when I cancelled my reservation in time but they still charged me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian W
Thank you for completing a review of your stay this last December. I am glad to learn that you did enjoy your stay and were able to take advantage of the surrounding area as well. I do apologize for the the billing issue that occurred, as it is not in keeping with the level of service we provide. We do hope that you may once again return to experience the level of service that we pride ourselves on delivering to each of our guests.

Best Regards,

Battleford, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Spent a night during the Christmas holiday on he way to Fernie. Friendly staff all around especially valet staff pointing us to alternate parking for large vehicle. Rooms and hallways very spacious, and sleeper beds the best. Amenities in rooms includes everything necessary for a great family stay. Beautiful setting in downtown with quant restaurants surrounding the hotel. Gym was remarkable and all equipment was in perfect working order. Great value!

Room Tip: Corner suites very roomy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ALmereau
Thank you for your kind and glowing review. We do strive to make the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire a home away from home for all our guests. I do hope that you had a great time skiing the fresh powder in Fernie.

Seasons Greetings