“Glenmore Inn and Convention Centre”

The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #47 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Very good experience with this hotel; clean, spacious, friendly staff, and good cuisine. Guest room was very nice and met all my needs. Good location, quiet, and attractive, close to shopping, and there are also several nearby take out places as well as the hotel's excellent dining. I chose the location due to my business dealing with the light industrial manufacturing areas are in this quadrant of the city, if you are planning on visiting any major shops.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We checked into the Glenmore Inn as my company was holding their annual Christmas party there that night. I found all the accomodations were very clean and well equipped. I found the food for our party was beyond excellent.
The staff were very nice and extreamly helpful. I wil definatly stay there again next year and would highly recommend the hotel to my out of town guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here on business a while ago and found the hotel very nice and staff to be really friendly ,
The room was quite large and comfortable. I did not use any facilities apart from the bar , restraunt and pool table , the breakfast was cooked to order and was cooked to perfection.....just like home

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was in Calgary for a one-day Conference, which was at the Glenmore, and booked there for convenience.

The check-in went well, the room was great, as was the food during the Conference and the entire facility was well maintained and clean.

I was particularly impressed with comfort of the bed and the quality of the bed coverings.

The WI-FI was solid and the staff were friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: If you require a little extra space the Executive Suites, with a separate bedroom, are fantastic. E...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice, dated but clean room. Enjoyed my first few nights until the Thursday when the "crew" started their stay. Every door knock, door opening, door closing, running and screaming child, every conversation in the hall, was loud and disturbing enough to make sleep a far off dream. Wouldn't take the chance of staying here again, the lack of soundproofing is horrible.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The garden wing is just dated and basic accommodations and they know it. Small ad in the room says to contact the desk to upgrade to a nice room.

Musty, dirty in hallways. Bed is ok, but no thermostat on the heat meant I was up several times to adjust the temperature.

Elevator is nasty inside. Food in the bar was fast food grade. Breakfast in the café is too expensive.

The whole place is just a tired, funky old place.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower, I hear it's better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked my room through Bookings.com. I got a great price! Before I booked I checked their web site and it looked like an older hotel. The internet pic's did not do this hotel justice. The room was just awesome. Loved the bed; very comfortable, pillows fluffy and the bed had a nice white comforter on it that was so light....yet so warm. Loved it! Would recommend this hotel stay for sure! My room overlooked the Buffet restaurant and I was a little worried that it would be noisy in the morning but I heard nothing.

Room Tip: I was in a room on the south side. It was quiet. No A/C though but as it was winter I did not need...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo