“Good Business Hotel”

The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #48 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for few days and must say the rooms are quite big and clean. Hotel is little far from the airport. Thai massage opposite hotel and also an Indian restaurant. It s hard to find a public transportation near hotel so you have to take a taxi

Room Tip: try to choose a room with road view it is beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pradeep_Basu

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Two Adults Two Children $124.00 a Night in a Garden room with two queen beds,
This place has a great and super fast Water Slide!! The kids loved it and the restaurants and Pub mean that after a day at the tournament, there was no need to venture from the hotel when you get back.
Only item I can pick on here is that the rooms only have Shaw cable channels,there did not seem to be an option to order movies via Shaw on demand.
Super value for the $$ Recommend to couples or families.

Room Tip: We visited friends of the team that were staying in the tower business suite. separate king size bed...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here during the Stampede. Yes it was a little more expensive, yes it is out of town a bit and yes it does look like a 80's concrete hotel BUT Yes, the rooms are clean, quiet and spacy . Yes, the staff are friendly and helpful(even at 11pm we you need to use the printer) and yes, the food in the café and the buffet are great, I mean $15.95 +GST for starters, mains, dessert and drinks!! We liked this hotel so much that we came back 10 days later and stayed here the night before we flew to Montreal.

Room Tip: a corner king room in the tower is what we had, a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anne d
Reviewed June 28, 2013

As someone else said this place is really unassuming from the outside. Once you get inside you find that this is a really great hotel. The rooms are fantastic, very comfortable. What struck me the most was how clean our room was!! The staff were really friendly especially in the restaurant. The view coming off the elevator is amazing and view from room was nice too. The kids loved the waterslide/pool. Even the other guests were friendly! No complaints from someone who is often criticized for complaining too much ;)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ErinCourt
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a conference. The rooms were quiet and clean and the beds were amazing...so comfortable. There are restaurants on site and fast food nearby. The location is outside of downtown but it is an easy drive to shopping and Starbucks if you have a car. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I would defianately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank cooldoggirl
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The breakfast menu at the restaurant was excellent and food was delicious. The facility was very nice and plenty to offer in terms of restaurants and fitness/pool activities. The buffet was excellent in the Garden Court . I liked the morning Globe and Mail newspaper delivered early in the morning. The only drawback that I have seen in both the occasion at the hotel was the blankets are very old and that need to be replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the tower which are airy and lots of natural lights. The ground floor rooms are nice...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zahmed2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We wanted to stay close to the Calgary Humane Society and needed a hotel that accepted pets. We originally drove by here and admittedly I did not like the looks. Rather old and unassuming. After driving around for far longer than we should of, with not a lot of choices, out of shear frustration we ended up back here. And thankful that we did. As the location is in more of an industrial/residential area there is not much around. But it is next too a stripmall so there is a liquor store, convenience store, and a few dining options.

I normally check the reviews prior but didn't have time to read them, just looked over the overall ratings. Good enough. So I walked in and was rather wowed by the lobby. The front desk staff were incredibly pleasant and efficient. I was checked in in no time. For the rest of our stay, any staff that we came across had a smile and very pleasant.

Our room was 3rd floor tower. Now I'm not sure if the lower rooms (which I assume is the older part) are where all the bad reviews come in, but our room was very spacious with 2 queen beds, desk, table and chairs etc. It was very clean, which sometimes - when traveling with pets we seem to get third rate rooms, and the bedding was nicer than your normal run of the mill hotel linens. Little details like the wood box that hid the coffee supplies was a nice simple touch. I found the rate very reasonable ($114 at the time of writing).

Wifi was definitely spotty. It worked but could be very slow at times. Lots of channels on the TV. I'm not so sure that there was air-conditioning though. Which we didn't need, but in the middle of summer I'm sure it would be missed.

The beds were harder than I am normally used to, but we didn't lose sleep over it. Didn't find them that bad. Blackout drapes worked well, but the noise from loud guests in the hallway could easily be heard. Not really the hotel's fault, just dis-respectful guests. Didn't hear the traffic from the road. There is ample parking unless there is a huge function going on, then I can see it may get full. There was a wedding this weekend and still the parking lot was half empty.

We ordered room service, steak sandwiches, which came quickly, hot, and very good. The express checkout was simple and was appreciated as was the 12pm check-out time.

I would stay again and not hesitate to recommend but maybe with a caveat that they request a tower room since I don't know what the lower rooms are like.

Room Tip: I would suggest a tower room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple