“Great Late Night Front Desk”

The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Late Night Front Desk”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I hate getting in to hotels late. I'm tired and just want to get to bed. I arrived at the Glemore at 3 am, before I even stated my name the front desk said they had my reservation ready. Very nice. The rooms were nice. Only one complaint, the hair dryer did not work. I WOULD recomment this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Thai first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Had 2 rooms booked for a weekend in March. Hotel was in a great location for our purposes and the weekend started well with a free room upgrade on both rooms. Both rooms were nice enough and seemed clean however we found bed bugs the 2nd morning of our stay in one of the rooms. Management was made aware of the problem when we checked out that morning but didn't seem too convinced or come up to the rooms to look.

Service overall was not great. Bar staff in the Elbow Room was alright, but the staff in the cafe for breakfast was very slow and didn't get the orders right.

If you plan to stay here do a good check of your room for bugs. We were on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
GI-OperationsManager, Manager at The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
On behalf of all management at the Glenmore Inn I can honestly state that we took the appropriate action once we were informed by this guest of the potential of bed bugs in the room. We stripped the room completely and did not find any bugs of any kind. My intention in responding is not to debate what this guest may have found in their room, but to state that we take the issue of bed bugs very seriously! We have preventative measures in place to identify any potential problem and react immediately to any sign of any bug.
Alberta
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The Glenmore Inn has a fantastic Front Desk staff. They were very helpful, and when asked something they didn't know - they would go out of their way to figure it out for you! It was great! They didn't try to push your questions off to someone else.

The rooms were nice, and newly renovated. The staff throughout the hotel property were top notch! They truly made the experience different from other hotels I've stayed it. Everyone is warm and always spreading smiles around!

The food is great! I recommend the Sunday Brunch Buffets in the Garden area and breakfast at the restaurant with their hashbrowns! Then, relax before bed in the lounge with another great bunch of staff!!

Overall, it was just like going to a place where it feels like home - yet they are all strangers. It's odd, but I love it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheekee
GI-OperationsManager, Manager at The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We have shared your comments with our staff and are proud that we were able to make your stay a pleasant and memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenmore Inn in the Future.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in Sept 2010. We stayed in the cheaper garden rooms and booked on hotwire for about $80/night. The location of the hotel was great as everything we were doing while in Calgary was in the South side of the city. The rooms were of a decent size but the beds weren't all that comfrotable. The rooms in this area of the hotel smell smokey and the carpets are old and stained. When we arrived we were warned that there had been many car breakins in the south end of the city so to keep your belongings in the room and not to leave anything int eh car. We had no issues while we stayed there and did not hear of any while there either. There are a couple restaurants int he same lot as the hotel. The convenience store in the same lot did not really have much in it. If I stay at this hotel again I would probably upgrade my room to one in the remodelled part of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tehya12
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our standard garden rooms have been recently updated to include new headboards, desk & dresser, fridges in every room and flat screen TV’s. We are 100% smoke free property. While all Garden Rooms have new carpet, we have included hallway carpet upgrades and mattress replacements in future renovations. Thank you once again and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back!
Calgary
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My stay at the Glenmore Inn was good. I asked for a renovated room at checkin. They didn't have one, but the room was still very comfortable. The location is a bit odd, not somewhere you'd expect to find a hotel/conference centre. They had several in-house restaurants and services. The Internet access was great. You'll need a car to get there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lwu22qq
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in South Calgary.
Saskatoon,SK Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,112 helpful votes
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I stayed here in mid May. Paid about $120 on internet rate. The hotel looks like it had recently been renovated. Still had theo old bathroom fixtures tough. There was a frige in the room. New desk bed looked great. Bed was comfy.

The hotel is in the middle of no where. Actually its along a bit of a seedier area. I needed a south side hotel and it fit the bill nicely.

Thre was an off sale in the next building complex and a coupe of ethnic food places. A few km down the free way there was a business districtthat had the regular tim hortons and fast food or its only a hop skip and jump to McLeod Tr where all the resteraunts are.

It isnt really a family place but had a pool with an older water slide that could keep them busy. There was a small exerse room. This is a large hotel. It has a cafe, resteraunt, pub and would be capabale of hosting a small conferance/convention.

I wouldnt want to spend a week here but for a couple of nights it ould be a good choice if you had to be on the south east side.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Saskheat
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are currently in the process of upgrading our Bathroom Fixtures as well, thanks for the feedback. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenmore Inn and we would be up to the challenge of making a week an enjoyable experience ;-).
Toronto
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Talk about a surprise! Stayed here on business with some other people from my company. I wasn't expecting much in the South area of the city and was really surprised at what we found upon check-in. Really great place for the price. Two restaurants and a lounge. I have mobility issues and I must say, their barrier free room was among ther best I have been in. It was designed for this purpose and not just a regular room that has been "adapted" as you so often see. Everything was clean and the staff were really friendly to all of our party. Try the buffet. Really great food.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank poypl
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay with us. We do have barrier free rooms that we are very proud of. We designed and remodeled them ourselves to include some detailed amenities to offer our guests in wheelchairs or with mobility challenges. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenmore Inn!