“Great for Familys with small kids lots of space to play !”

International Hotel and Spa Calgary
Ranked #39 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The rooms are very large , feels more like small condo witch is great for the kids :o)
Beds are super comfy !!!!! I wouldn't suggest going out on the balcony though , its full of bird droppings and looks a little unsafe. Overall this hotel is good value though if parking is included in your rate , I would stay here again for sure......its would also be good for a bunch of friends since the size is genorous.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KILFOY87
Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed April 7, 2010

I went in the International Hotel for 3 nights with my girlfriend and we were like: WAOW! I tought after visiting reviews from the site that it would be like: OK, it's great! But I was wrong! It was the very same thing that is shown on photos gallery of the site of the hotel. Just forget the other review with their little whims... This hotel is great and even more.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank Merkesh
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This was my second stay at the hotel. The rooms are nice enough but there is something that seems to underwhelm me about this hotel. It feels dated. The staff look tired and uninterested. The gym looks like it hasn't been updated in well over a decade and only had two working treadmills. I have no specific complaint about the room, in fact it was very spacious, I just find the hotel a bit of a downer.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2010

My friends and I live in Banff and we had a close friend in The Foothills hospital in Calgary and our employer was kind enough to arrange 3 nights accomodation at the International.

When my friend and I arrived late at night we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff and check-in was a breeze. They offered us valet parking and breakfast for two each morning.

We had a 2 bedroom suite which was very spacious with two good sized bedrooms, a squeaky clean bathroom and a balcony overlooking the city. In our room upon arrival we received a personally signed welcome card and basket of assorted sweets and savory foods which was a lovely touch as we were there under extreme circumstances and had been at the hospital from the early morning. I must also say the beds were incredibly comfortable.

I had breakfast with my friend the following morning and all the restaurant staff were very friendly and the service was prompt. My eggs benny was also very delicious unfortunately I wasn't too keen on the hash browns, which were more like roast potatoes.

We had complimentary use of the hotel shuttle to and from the hospital at anytime we wanted which was very convenient as we didn't need to pay high parking fees at the hospital. Even when the morning driver forgot to organize the shuttle in the afternoon for us, the hotel paid for our cab ride back from the hospital - no questions asked... Now, that is what I call service.

Thank you very much to all the staff at the International for making our stay there as enjoyable as can be during a very stressful situation, we highly recommend your hotel to anyone who needs a carefree stay in Calgary.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ohnmar
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Really lovely hotel, very clean. More or less had the pool to ourselves on a daily basis. In a good location. Would stay there again if we go back.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank AlisonDinsdale
Reviewed January 25, 2010

First off, I stay at hotels quite often but since I usually am in different cities for concerts or hockey games and am usually partying, I dont often stay at nicer hotels since I am usually not in the room for very long. The International is easily one of the nicest places I've ever stayed at though. It is right downtown in Calgary and is in the newer part of Calgary (It is right beside the Westin).

We were checked right in and they put us up in the 33rd floor and the view outside was absolutely stunning. It wasnt your typical view of mountains and stuff like that but the brand new buildings all around looked awesome. You'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about. Our room was very nice, the only thing was the bathroom was a bit small compared to everything else. Loooots of space, it was nice having a table and chairs to sit at so me and my friends could be social before our concert. The other thing I wish had changed would be that the couch pulled out into a bed but that was no big deal. The bedroom was large and the king size bed was nice.

The location was good, there is a Tim Hortons across the street and a Keg beside the hotel. A convenience store was down the street next to a liqour store so that was a bonus too. Not too much to do right around the hotel, you have to walk to find places, but there is a train that can easily take you to the Saddledome which is only a couple stops away.

ONE FINAL NOTE - DO NOT SMOKE ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY, NOT EVEN THE BALCONY. I WAS CHARGED 440 DOLLARS FOR SMOKING OUTSIDE ON THE BALCONY. I WAS REFUNDED THANK GOD BUT ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WONT TELL YOU THE POLICY WHEN YOU CHECK IN JUST THAT ITS NON SMOKING.

Hotel was very clean and I will definitely stay here again. 264 dollars for a weekend stay fri-sun with a king size bed, kitchen, amazing view and great location.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrisJordan
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed here New Years eve and the hotel was very busy. Our room was next to the elevators and was very noisy so we asked it we could be moved and the staff we able to shift us. We had two seperate rooms as our daughters are old enough to have one to themselves so everyone was happy. The staff were fantastic and the rooms were excellent. Handy location, a 10 minute walk to the Calgary Tower.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family