Overall the hotel was great. Just a few recomendations, as I work for a hotel as well. We stayed on a Saturday evening for a bachelorette partty and rented the two bedroom suite. The room was nice and clean, the beds were comfortable, and the service at the front desk was very accomodating.
and onto the minor issues we ran into. First it was very difficult to get ahold of the front desk from the room, I had to call room service to find the correct number to call.
The elevators were very slow and only one of them (the middle one) will take guests to the parkade, the elkevators are also very small making it difficult to fit a bell cart into.
There is not valet parking, which for a downtown property is a little inconvienient.
There is no late night menu for room service, although the front desk offered a recomendation it was unfortunate there was nothing to order from the hotel.
The bathroom was very small ) for the price we paid we were hoping for a large bathroom, or maybe two bathrooms. Making it very inconvienient for five girls to get hair and makeup done. Also when we called down to the front desk asking for an extra mirror to be sent up, to my suprise they didn't have any.
Also the bellmen that were in the lobby were awful. He was an older gentleman that acted like he was to lazy to help or give any kind of advice. We asked him if he could help us bring our bags to our room after we checked in and he basically just told us to take a bell cart and bring them up ourselves.... needless to say I did not tip him.
And last but not least, the balcony was absolutely disguisting... There was like a watery sludge all over, with cigarette butts, and an empty wendy's cup left over.
Alright the highlights of our stay were the staff were very friendly, the parking was free, and it seems they are the only downtown hotel that had complimentary wifi which was great!
I would for sure stay here again, thanks for the great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Hotel Calgary offer's the best downtown location, great value in room rates, free deluxe buffet breakfast and free WIFI in all guest rooms. All of our Guest Suites include such luxurious amenities as high thread count sheets, pillow top mattress, duvet, and flat screen TV. Our suites range in size from 595 to 750 square feet and offer both living and bedroom spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick and Cheap Tickets so you can book your International Hotel and Spa Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calgary International Hotel
- International Hotel Calgary