I stayed here on business for one night. The location is great, situated right in the heart of downtown Calgary, with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. The hotel is connected to the rest of downtown via series of overhead heated walkways called "+15s" which comes in very handy during the winter to help you get around without having to venture outdoors in the cold weather.
The check in was seamless, although I was surprised to discover that I had been given a room on the "all mens floor" and was curious to see what this entailed. Turns out not much, as all the rooms are same, the only difference is that on this floor, there was a complimentary bottle of beer in the fridge and magazines such as GQ and Car and Driver on the coffee table. Next time I'll ask for something on the "all womens floor" just to see the difference.
The standard room itself was great, a large one bedroom suite, with all the modern amenties including seperate tvs in the bedroom and living room. The bathroom was nothing special, but every part of suite was very clean, comfortable, with nice view of the city. Decor seems a little dated, but I would stay here again no question if I needed a downtown hotel room. The rates are outrageous, however, ($300 a night during the week!) but I understand this is the same throughout downtown during the week, so I am glad I wasn't footing the bill! I did not have time to check out the gym, restaurant etc, but would definitely recommend this place based on the large rooms and great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Hotel and Spa Calgary offer's the best downtown location, great value in room rates, free deluxe buffet breakfast and free WIFI in all guest rooms. All of our Guest Suites include such luxurious amenities as high thread count sheets, pillow top mattress, duvet, and flat screen TV. Our suites range in size from 595 to 750 square feet and offer both living and bedroom spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your International Hotel and Spa Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calgary International Hotel
- International Hotel Calgary