We stayed here for three nights for a convention and we loved our stay. We were on the 18th floor in the corner and never had an issue with noise. The king-sized bed was super comfortable and we had a ton of space. We really appreciated the extra room and the kitchenette. Everything was clean.
We had a room on the normally women-only Orchid Floor so it had a flat iron (which is awesome because I forgot mine) and girl magazines and yoga mat, etc.
We were there for a convention at the Saddledome and had a special group rate that included the daily rate for parking. It was significantly less than the regular rate and I was told parking was regularly $32 during the week. Thank goodness for the rate they gave us; we wouldn't normally be able to afford to stay at a hotel like this.
We didn't use the amenities such as restaurant, pool, hot tub, etc. so can't comment on those.
The only negatives we would have are structural and not possible to correct. The first one is the size of the bathrooms. I had to use the washroom with the door open or stand in the tub to close the door. My husband and I could NOT both brush our teeth at the same time. There was no way.
The other negative was the wait for the elevators. They only have three small elevators for 35 floors of hotel rooms. They also don't have a freight elevator so sometimes one of the three is held by maintenance or housekeeping staff. In the mornings around check out the wait was up to eight or 10 minutes to get an elevator. In the lobby, only a portion of the crowd would be able to fit on once an elevator finally appeared so we would continue to wait.
The staff was nice and the concierge desk was helpful in finding restuarants and attractions nearby for our evenings off. We really enjoyed our stay and the proximity to the trains (three blocks south) made it convenient to get to the Saddledome in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Hotel and Spa Calgary offer's the best downtown location, great value in room rates, free deluxe buffet breakfast and free WIFI in all guest rooms. All of our Guest Suites include such luxurious amenities as high thread count sheets, pillow top mattress, duvet, and flat screen TV. Our suites range in size from 595 to 750 square feet and offer both living and bedroom spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Hotel and Spa Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calgary International Hotel
- International Hotel Calgary