“Great rates, Nice room, Amazing location”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
and 1 more site!
Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #105 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Morley, AB
“Great rates, Nice room, Amazing location”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Business takes me to Calgary a few times a year. For this particular trip, my office neglected to reserve a room for me and instead offered me an expense account for the usual cost of the trip. Given the opportunity, I decided to check into a motel and save myself some money. Driving into Calgary, the Red Carpet Inn was right on the highway, and they offered me an excellent rate. I was pleasantly surprised when I asked to look for the room. The wireless internet was great; I checked-in with the office and took care of my emails. After a great night’s sleep, I was well-refreshed for my business meeting downtown in the morning.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BizTravMorley_AB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
vancouver
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed there for 3 days in mid February.my room was very clean,comfortable and quite.On top of it I got free wireless internet.I met a manager,who mentioned that motel has been ronvated from iinside out in last two years.I would recommend freinds to stay in this clean motel with resonable rates.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank vanity3
Travelling
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Awful hotel. Stayed there during a petroleum convention in June, 2008 where all other hotels were full.
Non-smoking room was converted, was nice to see the cigarette burns in the comfortors. Wireless internet? Only if you're in the parking lot - I think their router is in the checkout office with such poor reception you can't get it in any of the rooms.
The nugget of cat (or dog) feces beside the bed was a nice added touch.

In short: avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DizzyDZ

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Reviewed February 15, 2006

New managment, BIG change. The motel has all-new funiture and every thing, check it out!!!

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2004

The totally agree with the last review. My wife and I will NEVER stay at this Motel again. Our stay was at the end of JUNE 2004. We also noticed the "Recently renovated" sign out front. False advertising for sure! What a joke! Our room (for two) came with one? facecloth and two small hand towels. I had to ask for more. Our non smoking room had cigarette burns all over the carpet. No complimentary coffee machine, no laundry facilities, etc. etc. The lamp shades were broken and it had NO WORKING SMOKE DETECTOR. The smoke detector had a disconnected battery. When I tried to connect the good battery, it caused the detector's siren to go off continually. So I had to disconnect it again. All I can say about this place is one word - Pathetic! I paid over $75 for this dump.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2004

FRONTIER TOWN DUMP

My work and family obligations often bring me to both southern Alberta and Saskatchewan. I used to fly into Calgary, where I'd rent a car at the airport.

Desperate to obtain lodging when I just so happened to be in Calgary recently (June 8th & 9th, 2004) during the World Petroleum Expo, I was exhausted after being turned down all over the place and finally ended up calling the Red Carpet Inn at 4635 - 16th Avenue, whose ad in the phone book looked inviting to this weary traveller.

The agent said he had a room available at $99/night + taxes, and if I wanted it for two nights I needed to provide a credit card number to make a reservation and book in advance.

When I arrived I noticed a sign outside the premises proclaimed "Under New Management / Newly Renovated." The outside of the building held a crisp red paint job when we drove up. Signing the credit card slip, my travelling companion and I were then given keys and assigned our non-smoking room.

Once checked in to room number 11, I can honestly say I've never seen or stayed at such a dangerous or disgusting dump in my life!

Although the room door displayed a no-smoking sign on the outside, we found inside the carpets and bed linens covered in cigarette burns.

Light fixtures were broken and I had to ask the desk agent for several new bulbs so we could look for any bugs, used condoms or syringes. Yet another light between the beds was found to be inoperable and held together with tape. I was literally shocked when I tried to turn it on.

The bathroom held two small towels that were never changed, and the room was never made up during our stay.

There was no clock radio and the TV barely worked. In fact, it was so difficult to watch we just turned the noisy-and-grainy set off.

Reminiscent of a third-world backwater, this den of the damned contained a filthy kitchenette that held pots and a stove covered in burnt food, while a dirty fridge clicked on and off all through the night.

Mattresses and pillows were stained and I think the room door also featured a bullet hole - which we thought was a wonderful wild-west touch! We squirmed through the nights, regretting our misfortune at the hands of this manipulative and greedy motel operator.

In fact, this experience has so soured me on your city, I will never again visit but instead fly to Regina on business in future, plus I will endeavour to warn others all over the Internet.

Local enforcement agencies should be notified and called upon to investigate this particular gang of thieves. I shudder to think there may be others waiting to prey on tourists and convention goers who happen along the Calgary trail during high hotel/motel occupancies.

I feel ripped-off and victimized by the ownership of the Red Carpet Inn and believe this place should be fined and/or condemned.

When I complained, the desk agent, who wouldn't provide a name, shrugged his shoulders and said, "too bad - No Refunds!"

Such horrible hospitality is deserving of a BLACK HAT, wouldn't you agree?

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 27, 2002

We booked a non smoking room; got a converted smoking room. The copius amounts of air freshener set off my wife's allergies. Although dingy and less than modern, the ashtrays were a nice touch. Our replacement room had numerous nuggets of catfood on the carpet. More allergies. Presented with my complaint, the desk clerk charged me 50 dollars to destroy my Visa imprint and let me flee. Good thing we did, I was afraid to unload the van in that neighbourhood. We stayed at the Travelodge in motel village, much nicer, clean, excellent staff, a pool, and cheaper! Interestingly, The Motels Association of Alberta (they reccomended the red carpet)was notified of my problems and has done nothing for me. Motel village is the way to go.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member