“Better than expected”

Ranked #105 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Better than expected”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

It was 7 at night, and Calgary was full. At least hotels I had names and numbers for were either full or in the $200 range. The man at the front desk was helpful when I asked for a quiet room and gave us one right behind the office, so we would not hear cars and doors. He said that all rooms were quiet, but ours really was! No breakfast, but close to gas stations and 7-11, where you can get everything. At first, I couldn't get the wifi to work, but then the 3 girls in the room next door quit using the internet and went out, and sure enough, my internet started working. The beds were comfortable, and the room included a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lila068

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Great staff. The man at the desk was very helpful. Rooms smell and look great. The bed: the most comfortable I've ever slept in, the pillow made me want to keep it.
Bigger bathroom then others I've stayed at. Clean.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank FebruaryStay
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This place is one of the better values in Calgary. Good weekly rates. Friendly and helpful staff. I stayed there 2 weeks and thought it was a great value for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike r
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We found the hotel on trip advisor. We were just looking for a place to crash which was perfect. We looked at the room before we committed, and agreed that it looked clean. It met it's needs for a place to sleep. If you like pillows, you may need to ask for extra pillows, as there are only two and they are quite flat. Also, you will need to ask for extra towels unless there is just one of you. Also be careful of the water temperature in the shower as it was quite inconsistent. Overall it met our needs.

• Stayed August 2010
4 Thank Expendables2010
Morley, AB
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Business takes me to Calgary a few times a year. For this particular trip, my office neglected to reserve a room for me and instead offered me an expense account for the usual cost of the trip. Given the opportunity, I decided to check into a motel and save myself some money. Driving into Calgary, the Red Carpet Inn was right on the highway, and they offered me an excellent rate. I was pleasantly surprised when I asked to look for the room. The wireless internet was great; I checked-in with the office and took care of my emails. After a great night’s sleep, I was well-refreshed for my business meeting downtown in the morning.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BizTravMorley_AB
vancouver
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed there for 3 days in mid February.my room was very clean,comfortable and quite.On top of it I got free wireless internet.I met a manager,who mentioned that motel has been ronvated from iinside out in last two years.I would recommend freinds to stay in this clean motel with resonable rates.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank vanity3
Travelling
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Awful hotel. Stayed there during a petroleum convention in June, 2008 where all other hotels were full.
Non-smoking room was converted, was nice to see the cigarette burns in the comfortors. Wireless internet? Only if you're in the parking lot - I think their router is in the checkout office with such poor reception you can't get it in any of the rooms.
The nugget of cat (or dog) feces beside the bed was a nice added touch.

In short: avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DizzyDZ

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels