“pretty good deal”

Ranked #102 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Victoria, Canada
“pretty good deal”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This place is one of the better values in Calgary. Good weekly rates. Friendly and helpful staff. I stayed there 2 weeks and thought it was a great value for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We found the hotel on trip advisor. We were just looking for a place to crash which was perfect. We looked at the room before we committed, and agreed that it looked clean. It met it's needs for a place to sleep. If you like pillows, you may need to ask for extra pillows, as there are only two and they are quite flat. Also, you will need to ask for extra towels unless there is just one of you. Also be careful of the water temperature in the shower as it was quite inconsistent. Overall it met our needs.

• Stayed August 2010
4 Thank Expendables2010
Morley, AB
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Business takes me to Calgary a few times a year. For this particular trip, my office neglected to reserve a room for me and instead offered me an expense account for the usual cost of the trip. Given the opportunity, I decided to check into a motel and save myself some money. Driving into Calgary, the Red Carpet Inn was right on the highway, and they offered me an excellent rate. I was pleasantly surprised when I asked to look for the room. The wireless internet was great; I checked-in with the office and took care of my emails. After a great night’s sleep, I was well-refreshed for my business meeting downtown in the morning.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BizTravMorley_AB
vancouver
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed there for 3 days in mid February.my room was very clean,comfortable and quite.On top of it I got free wireless internet.I met a manager,who mentioned that motel has been ronvated from iinside out in last two years.I would recommend freinds to stay in this clean motel with resonable rates.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank vanity3
Travelling
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Awful hotel. Stayed there during a petroleum convention in June, 2008 where all other hotels were full.
Non-smoking room was converted, was nice to see the cigarette burns in the comfortors. Wireless internet? Only if you're in the parking lot - I think their router is in the checkout office with such poor reception you can't get it in any of the rooms.
The nugget of cat (or dog) feces beside the bed was a nice added touch.

In short: avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DizzyDZ
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2006

New managment, BIG change. The motel has all-new funiture and every thing, check it out!!!

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2004

The totally agree with the last review. My wife and I will NEVER stay at this Motel again. Our stay was at the end of JUNE 2004. We also noticed the "Recently renovated" sign out front. False advertising for sure! What a joke! Our room (for two) came with one? facecloth and two small hand towels. I had to ask for more. Our non smoking room had cigarette burns all over the carpet. No complimentary coffee machine, no laundry facilities, etc. etc. The lamp shades were broken and it had NO WORKING SMOKE DETECTOR. The smoke detector had a disconnected battery. When I tried to connect the good battery, it caused the detector's siren to go off continually. So I had to disconnect it again. All I can say about this place is one word - Pathetic! I paid over $75 for this dump.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member