Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown
$157
$92
$86
Travelocity
All reviewsrooftop poolbusiness districtstayed here for two nightsan older hotelfront desk staffdowntownbalconiesstampede
Reviewed May 20, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Hubby and I decided we'd get away for the night and book a Jacuzzi suite. We called in and booked the reservation over the phone. We let them know that we had two small dogs we wanted to bring. The dogs were approved so we packed up and shipped out. Upon arrival we were told that the Jacuzzi suite was not a pet approved suite and that they would need to change our room. The husband argued with them and they gave us the room anyway - a plus for customer service, they were pretty good. When we got into the room we thought that it was somewhat ironic this room was not pet approved as it had clearly been a "smoking" room once upon a time - it smelled of stale cigarettes (did not like!)
The suite was on the 3rd floor, right next to the elevator. We filled up the Jacuzzi, but it clearly hadn't been used for a while as the water turned yellow from rust - whatever, we just emptied it and re-filled it with clear water. The Jacuzzi was nice, but also dated. The jets were working but the pressure turned off and on seemingly for no reason. One of the jets was not working at all.
I wouldn't be writing this review if it weren't for the utterly cr@p sleep we endured. There were drunks on our floor yelling throughout the night. The staff came up twice and tried to shut them down. They were eventually successful, but ultimately because we were so close to the elevators it didn't matter that there were loud drunks on our floor because we literally heard everyone get on and off the elevators throughout the night. The sound proofing in this hotel is utter cr@p. I would not stay in this room again - particularly at the price point of $275.

Room Tip: Do not stay close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SVMcBos
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Spent 5 nights here while on a recent business trip to Calgary. On check-in I found that they had allocated me a Jacuzzi room on the 9th floor (which I'm not sure is what I actually booked). The room was however next to the elevator and within half an hour I was sure that I would not be able to survive 5 nights of listening to the elevator whizzing up and down continuously. I requested that they give me another room away from the elevator. This was accomplished smoothly and with no problems. However upon checkout I found that they had charged me for the cost of the original room and they refused to revise the bill despite an extended discussion at the front desk. Since it was 5:30 am and I had a flight to catch I didnt have much option however I have to say that the whole episode left me feeling that I had been 'fleeced; by the hotel.

Rooms are reasonable for what you pay although the hotel is overall, a little tired.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hotels in Calgary are always a bit pricey but the Ramada is reasonably priced for the value you get. It's downtown , so quick and easy access to appointments and business meetings. The staff are always friendly and willing to help. Keep up the good work people!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ilona S
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ideally situated n downtown. Central to the shops and visitor attractions. 10 mins walk to the tower. Some good eating places around. Breakfast buffet at the hotel is god and reasonably priced. Star very friendly,helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: Its a downtown hotel, don't expect a view of the Rockies!,,
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple