“A Bargain/Steal if Ever There Was One!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre

Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Marion, Massachusetts
“A Bargain/Steal if Ever There Was One!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

Service at this hotel was really fine. Staff was always ready to assist and insure I was comfortable during my stay there. It's about an 8-minute ride to Calgary International Airport, and the hotel has its own shuttle to pick you up or get you back to the airport. The room was nicely appointed, quiet, very clean, and met all of my expectations. Their restaurant was an adventure in cousine, food tasty, and most importantly, priced reasonably. This is a great place to stay. I secured my reservation through Priceline and got a great room for the price. I'll stay here, again, next time I'm in Calgary which is about 4-5 times a year. My stay was pleasant and restful. Consider this hotel if you are thinking of a trip to visit the Canadian Rockies.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Bewdley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

The hotel is a good spot to stop for the evening after flying into Calgary before heading into the Rockies but it is a bit far from downtown if Calgary is your main objective.

The hotel is just 10 minutes from the airport, and easy to find if you have a hire car or there is a free shuttle bus that will pick you up and take you back to the airport to pick up a hire car in the morning if you prefer.

The rooms are large the balconies have good views of the city and all the rooms have sleep number beds. The hotel restaurant provides a good choice of food throughout the day and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TWMC2010
Jersey City, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed here one night after flying to Calgary (and before) heading to Banff. We found the shuttle to the hotel pretty easily (walk outside the terminal and you will see signs), and the shuttle arrived quickly (5 minutes). We did not need to call for it, though that may have been because someone else did. Check in was easy and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and adequate. While I wouldn’t call it luxurious it was both comfortable & quiet.

What stands out in the hotel is the service. During our stay my husband’s wedding ring went down the sink drain. We called the front desk and within five minutes they had sent someone to take apart the entire drain (which led to the retrieval of my husband’s ring). Based on this, I would give the hotel’s customer service outstanding.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dislover
Roomsman, Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
We are delighted to hear that our guest enjoyed their stay and would like to thank them for their kind words.

We certainly are glad that we were able to retrieve our guest's husband's wedding ring. We certainly look forward to welcoming our guests and showing everyone our Yes I can attitude.

Director of Rooms
Pitt Meadows
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

This location puts you a 15-20 min car trip from the action in Calgary, did not try out the bus to link up with the C-Train (we had epic rain). If you book for the Stampede, book earlier and get near the downtown area! Room was reasonably clean, but had an old 'smoking room' odour that bothered my allergies and resulted in sinus trouble for days. Did not mention it to the desk, tried not to be in the room too much (they were fully booked, didn't think I could do any better). The quiet side of the hotel, facing the back was OK, but the pub just a stone's throw away was rockin' to the Stampede vibes. Decor was very dated and kind of dull in the rooms.

1 Thank Mercer12
We would like to thank our guests for their comments as they do assist us in our ongoing efforts to improve.

We are a non smoking property and make every effort to notify our guests of such. Our guest's comfort is extremely important to us and we pride ourselves on resolving any concerns immediately.

In the past year we have undergone recent refreshes including carpet and wall paper in all our guest rooms and hallways and we look forward to upgraded furnishings, electronics and amenities in the new year.

We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences during our guest's stay and thank them once again for their comments.

Kind regards,

Director of Rooms
StvKoehler
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

I was disappointed in this hotel. The room that was supposed to have two queen beds had, instead, a double bed and a sofa bed. Also, the in-room coffee maker was dirty, and still had the coffee-packet from the previous guests, and there was no new coffee pack. When I mentioned this on check-out, the desk clerk gave me a shrug. No apology or anything.I would rate this hotel 2 stars at best, but poor in quality and cleanliness even at that.

1 Thank StvKoehler
Roomsman, Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
I would like to thank the guest for their comments and I assure you they will be used as training tools by our Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager in their communications meeting. It is due to these comments that we have updated and refined our rooms inspection and preventative maintenance programs to ensure that the cleanliness issues that our guest had encountered are rectified and do not occur again.

We do everything possible to accomodate our guest's requests and if we are unable to do so we try to come up with the best solution possible.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that our guest encountered during their stay with us and thank them for their comments. It is because of these comments we can fine tune our operation and learn from our experiences.

Kind regards,

New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed here for two nights en route to Banff. We found the hotel very convenient, close to the airport and zoo. We enjoyed the Bantanica restaurant; ideal for families and reasonably priced. Lovely pool and hot tub; the gym is situated near the pool. Good work out with cross trainers and a running machine.. Rooms were just fine, Lovely beds with adjustable pressure: Sleep Number. Very nice. Free high spoeed internet too. Clean, adequate bathrooms- quite small though. Very helpful staff; they gave very good advice on places to visit etc. Overall....very pleasant stay.

1 Thank lailbale
seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

I got this room on Priceline so I got a good price, so no complaints on that front. My issue is they have a shuttle but don't list their hotel on the phones in baggage claim. Once you go outside there is a phone but if you don't know YYC its confusing. I waited over 20 minutes for the shuttle but once at hotel everything went smoothly. My room unfortunately had no operating a/c which made my stay less than desirable. Free internet is nice. Shuttle back to yyc only operates hourly which I found strange for an airport property. Rooms are nice but certainly nothing fancy. I did not get a room with a sleep number bed but for one nite is was fine. Linens and bedding are top notch. I would stay again with A/c for sure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business