Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Hotel Elan
  • Breakfast included
$116
$89
All reviewsan older hotelclose to the airportthe shuttle driveran early flightone night stayfitness roomdowntownconventionvehicle
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife,3 years old son and myself stayed for 2 nights from March 29-31/13 and we have something to share with everyone:
-check in with very fast when we approach the front desk 2 front office girls were there and were talking together and i was waiting for them and ready to make at least eye contact but didn't happened. No information about hotel facilities or anything accept telling my where the elevator to go to my room.
-the room is very small and was no microwave or fridge especially if you have 3 years old you need to prepare something for them before sleeping or when wake up in the morning. The washroom is very small not even enough for one person and no space to put your stuff.
The balcony door or window was not well insulated and you can hear everything outside specially the hotel is right on the hwy and close to the airport.
The following day we ordered breakfast and the toast bread was burned and most of the fruit was bad and nothing was good for any human to eat.
When I told the front office agent and her name is Emily she told me sorry about that but I don't cook it you should talk to the restaurant which I didn't because the answer in my opinion was unprofessional.
The whole hotel is updated, the entrance door is too loud and noisy when open and closing and need maintenance, the parking lot is so bad maintained full with garbage and dust and garbage bins are full. Someone from maintenance came to our room and was asking if we have something in our room is not working as front office send him but he didn't know what is it and for sure he came to the wrong room as we didn't call.
We choose this hotel as it was close to our friends we were visiting in NE Calgary but it was a mistake and never stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank massery
Radcanmore, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear massery:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry that this was the experience you had while staying with us. This is not our usual standard and I can assure you that I have reviewed your feedback with our team so that we may improve. Once again my sincere apologies and we hope that you will try us again and give us an opportunity to provide you and your family with a better experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

the check in was very smooth. We booked a room on-line to include observed parking of our vehicle while we were on cruise to the Bahamas. The desk clerk was exceptional in getting us to our room.. The room was very nice and met our needs for the overnight stay. The airport was on time to get us to the airport for our flight.

Room Tip: book on-line
1  Thank David R

Dear Dave R:

I was very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a great stopover prior to your cruise and that the airport shuttle and parking were of value to you. It was great to read that you received exceptional service from the front desk and I have made sure to pass along your feedback to the team. I hope you had a great vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is our fourth time staying a the hotel. It seems there has been some good changes to elite upgrades, as we booked a standard hotel and got an upgrade to a King business class room. Being recognized as a gold member, and given the upgrade, welcome chocolates and discounts for breakfast/cocktails was great.

The room itself was spacious, with a smallish bathroom. Everything was very clean, although the room is somewhat dated. Great view of downtown and the Rockies from the balcony. No adjustment to the sleep number bed, which was a bummer. We were very pleased with the stay, as it was much better than previous stays. We look forward to stopping in again on our next trip through Calgary.

Dear Debral:
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here overnight as I arrived very late on an international flight. Thought as it says "airport" that it would be close to that facility. As other hotels were around it, and they also call themselves airport hotels, I guess there may not be any others closer. Not that it mattered, as the hotel does offer a free airport pick up. The front desk people were very friendly and the hotel has a nice open lobby.
My room had two sleep number beds, which I personally don't care for. It was 1am and I didn't want to fuss with trying to find a comfortable spot. The room had a desk and a chair. No refrigerator or microwave. A coffee maker was provided, and a large flat screen TV. The room did not have a comfortable chair to watch the TV.There is a nice little coffee shop in the foyer.I thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank itchyfeetGoldCoast
Roomsman, Front Office Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear itchyfeetGoldCoast,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. While we are not located directly at the Airport, we are considered an Airport Hotel and I am glad to hear that your shuttle service experience was a pleasant one.

We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to the Calgary area.

Amy Welder

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This will be our 3rd stay here. We booked online for a park & stay. We booked a room with a sleep number bed on the quieter backside of the hotel. This was all fine. But getting to our room we discovered only 1/2 of one of the 2 beds was the sleep number control working. Hubby was not so fussy so took the non working bed.
The heat in the hallway had been cranked up to about 80 degrees plus. Which was a bit uncomfortable while waiting for the elevator.
The shuttle in the morning was ready for us to go to the airport.
Upon our return to Canada a quick phonecall and we were picked up promptly from the airport.
Arriving at the hotel we were told that there was a maintenance problem with the sleepnumber beds, so were given a single queen regular bed in a room on streetside. While the room was impeccably clean and it had a pillowtop mattress. The reason we stay at this hotel is because of the sleepnumber beds so I can get a comfortable nights sleep with my bad back. This is why my drop in ratings.
The restaurant is still in my top ratings. I tried the Lobster mac & cheese which was delicious.
Also our vehicle was undisturbed during our absence.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side are quieter, can't here the traffic and sirens.
1  Thank cparker24

Dear cparker24,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the few issues you encountered during your stay, making it a less than perfect experience.

I am happy to hear that you also had good experiences here and will be sure to pass on your comments.

Amy Welder