“Not to bad.” 4 of 5 stars

Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #78 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
“Not to bad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I had got a king size executive suite. It was a nice room.

Had a few issues with the upper bed sheet. But that was fixed.

No movie channels. Kinda sucks.

Traffic noise was not to bad.

Bathroom was small.

And out of 2 nights the second night we were kept up by noisey ppl over us.

All in all was ok but really not worth more than 130.00 per night. They charge more.

I will look for another place to stay when in Calgary.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 28, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Calgary Airport, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your suite with us. Over the years, the demand for pay movies has decreased, and therefore made the decision to remove this system over a year ago. In regards to some noisy people, this is difficult to control, but do ask if ever you encounter this, please make a call to the front desk, so that someone can attend to the room. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Please let me know if I can ever be of service.

Marcel Berube

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Because I'd had an awesome first stay at this hotel, we chose it for our overnight hotel when we returned from another trip. We got to the hotel at 11:30 pm to find that our rooms had been given away despite us having booked the rooms 3 months in advance with a credit card guarantee. We needed 5 beds for 5 very tired women and the hotel only offered us two rooms with a bed each forcing us to share beds with each other and sleep on cots. This was a horrid end to our trip and I was livid. There were no apologies from the desk staff, just shoulder shrugs. In the morning we were offered the rooms at half price, which helped, but I would think twice before staying here again. When we book hotels for return flights from holidays we want comfort, peacefulness and a good sleep. We got none of these at the Radisson. What was the point in booking ahead? While I was prepared to go across the road to the Holiday Inn that night, my travel mates just wanted to stay and go to bed, so the majority ruled. I was not a happy camper. And campers we were on cots.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank snorkelgeek
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments. It is unfortunate to hear that we were not able to accommodate your requests. We always work very hard to ensure that we meet our guests expectations, and provide the room type that was reserved. In this scenario, I am not familiar with your original request, as your stay was quite some time ago. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss in more detail, and ask for you to reach out to me at mberube@silverbirchhotels.com.

As you have experienced a wonderful stay in the past, I am certain we can regain your confidence.

I look forward to speaking with you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I arrived here pretty jaded after a road trip from Vancouver, do this was just what the doctor ordered.

Room was big and clean, the beds comfortable, the bathroom modern and the travel hair dryer excellent.

The bar food was also excellent, although the service a little slow, but it suited our needs.

Wine list poor, but I have been spoilt with fine Canadian wines during our road trip, so it wasn't the end of the world.

We didn't have time to use the pool, so can't comment on that.

Room with two Queen sized beds, dinner, wines, night caps and b/f for a little over $200 for one night.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Clare B B
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and our team members provided great service and value for your visit. We are currently reviewing our wine list, and look forward to launching a new selection shortly.

We look forward to your next visit.

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I booked the Radisson through Hotwire and when I saw the hotel name my jaw dropped. Based on the TripAdvisor reviews I was terrified to stay there - thinking the worst.
When I checked in I let the front desk clerk (Karan) know my hesitation to stay. I did almost eat the room and stay elsewhere. The Radisson in it's day was a great hotel. It is an older hotel but from my experience they are trying to provide a decent stay for the price. No it is not the Hyatt or Marriott downtown but it is a decent hotel. No bugs, furniture in fair shape, number bed interesting. Yes the room doors do not go to the floor and you can hear all the comings and goings in the hall. And if someone above you chooses to move furniture, you hear that too.
Would I stay again - possibly for an overnight. Not for an extended period of time. I have a favourite in the area and they are less than the Radisson.
As I mentioned, Karan did his best to make sure I had a good room and was comfortable. The cafe clerk did her best to make me a nice latte when I left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Making_our_rounds
Thank you for sharing. We are happy to see that we were able to provide you with great service and value, and have left you with a positive impression of our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you look at downtown and the costs associated with the parking you would surely want something cheap. Radisson doesnt weigh heavy on your pockets. I booked for a single King size bed with a sofa-bed option. The room was good but the beds had a bad odour. We did not use the hotel shuttle nor their restaurant so wont be able to comment. Its not too far from downtown. I would prefer a place as such as downtown is too crowded.There is a Shell petrol station next to the Radisson airport hotel and there are also some options for food - in addition to those provided in house. Only a few minutes walk from the hotel there is a local bus which takes you to a train/ tram station if you like to go downtown without car or taxi. about 2.75$ i gues for a one way. Internet is not the best. There are some restaurants around. Some of the other reviewers have explained it much better See Reisekurre. Overall a 4

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ison P
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing, and we are happy to see that you found value in our location and facilities/services. We will review the comments in regards to the bed and internet, ensuring everything is appropriate and appreciate hearing it from you.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here once and it was good. But since then the hotel check in has been just awful. From upping the price of room from booking amount to relagating people with pets to ground floor only...like we are undesirables or something. This place pretends to be better than it actually is. Now perhaps it is different management or just terrible clerks but things sure used to be different when we stay near top floor with dog and were charged what was agreed on. So BEWARE!

Stayed August 2012
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing, as it is very important for us to know if we have not met your needs, and apologize that we were not able to do so with your last visit. As you mentioned, you have enjoyed our hotel before, and know we can regain your trust.
It is important to note that we try to assign rooms on the ground floor for pets, due to the fact that you can walk-out of the rooms from the patios, making it easier to walk pets if needed outside. Should this not be a preference, arrangements can always be made in advance.
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with your room pricing comment, however, would be happy to discuss. Please feel free to contact me directly, mberube@silverbirchhotels.com, or by telephone, 403-250-6050.
I thank you again for sharing, and look forward to hearing from you.

Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have stayed here before but this time we had folks partying close by our room. Fiday night was a bit rowdy but Saturday was very loud. After almost 3 hours and 3 calls to the front desk, we were told the police had been called. By this time it was 4 am and we were there on business & had to be up early. It should NOT take 3 hours to shut down rowdy guests. Obviously poor management. We did get the Saturday night taken off of our bill. But as far as we are concerned, we will be finding another hotel to stay at on our next trip to Calgary.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Thoroughbredlady
Thank you for taking the time to share. It is dissapointing to hear that noise from other guests have impacted your overall feeling, and for that we are truly sorry.
Overall, we work hard on policies focused to deter issues as you suggested, but we are sometimes the victim of guests who return from a great evening out, etc... Depending on the time of night and employee safety, we may rely on police support, and can be a lenghty delay in arriving at the hotel.
Hopefully, you can see from our other contributors, this is not common for us, and would really appreciate another opportunity, as you have enjoyed us before.
Please feel free to contact me directly, and would be happy to assist.