“great place to stay, quiet comfortable rooms, great restaurant”

Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #88 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I was here for a business trip and had a 2 day road show so also used the conference facilities and the trade show room.
THe room was great and comfortable, although i spent almost no time there except sleeping and showering.
THe conference rooms are great and we were catered for and served great meals from 7am through to 9pm. Unsure of the price, but it is a very good place to stay, their restaurant has a great selection of food that tastes very good too and they also made it pretty fast.
Location is good if you need to be near the airport, but otherwise i think its pretty far away from all the Calgary sight seeing stuff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Penpen5
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We work very hard to ensure we provide great value and deliver on our promise for great accommodations and premiere meetings. Your comments are welcomed and will certainly resonate to our team members.

Thank you once again, and look forward to being of service in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We got a really good deal online and were upgraded for free when we got here. We stayed at a Radisson before and hated the sleep number bed but this time it wasn't so bad. Maybe we were just too exhausted after a 17 hour day of flights and taxis to care! haha The restaurant was already closed when we got there at 10 so had to run out for takeout. The bathroom is small and outdated. You have to stand in between the toilet and sink to close the door behind you... tight squeeze for even the average person.

Didn't use any other amenities so can't comment on those... just a quick sleeping stop before heading home.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HatRez

Thank you for sharing! We are pleased that you received great value for such a short stay. We know our washrooms are a bit small, but rest assured that we are committed to being there for you at every turn throughout the hotel.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

At check-in (we checked in a day late) and they gave use a hard time that we did not call...even when we had already paid in full threw expedia. The beds are great sleep number tv is nice, the bathrooms are terrible they are small the paint is pealing on the ceiling and the wall paper is dirty. The toilet keeps almost overflowing and the door hits the shower curtian rod so it will not open all the way...did I mention TINY SPACE. I did not get the coffee pod refill or paper cups ( they had glass but I dont use them becouse I am not sure how they wash them). The pool is nice the hottub is more like a luke warm bath tub...I have not seen the lounge/bar open, the hours say 4-11 in the book but at 9.30 at night it was closed when I asked the attendant she said they close at 10...but it was 9.30... I would have liked to have a drink. NO mini fridege in the room (that was the first for me) I will not stay here again. When I asked for a comment card they said it had to be done online and did not care what my concerns are.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Honest feedback is important, and I am sorry to hear that we were not able to provide all of the services you should expect from us. We do have a variety of room options, including categories with mini-fridges and microwaves, which can be confirmed at time of booking. While our washrooms are a little smaller, please know that our standards for sanitation are paramount, and all hotel glassware/cups are mechanically washed to ensure proper sterilization.
Feedback is very important and can only apologize and would have appreciated some of your time while you were still at the hotel. In the future, please feel free to contact me personally, and know that we can have you as a friend in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

the hotel was located on a crowdy street. It was close to the airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to book in advance (even very early in the morning) and it takes about 15 min to go the apt. The rooms are big and clean, well furnished. In the hotel there are a couple of restaurants with affordable prices.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Silviaround

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are proud to be able provide great value to our guests, including our 24 hour shuttle service to the airport.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now. This last time it was booked through the "unpublished rates" at Expedia. There is nothing wrong with this hotel. The rooms are decent, the food was OK, the pool was adequate. There just wasn't anything overly special about this place. It will do for a stay over, but we have definately had better in this same price range. I will say the place is quiet, and we usually always have the pool to ourselves. Restaurant is very casual, limited selection and a little pricey for the qualtiy. Better to just stop somewhere else on your way to the hotel. Sleep number beds are not all they are cracked up to be. Would stay here again if other places were booked up, but wouldn't be my first choice for Calgary hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank The_travel_junkies

Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your feelings about our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent value and convenience, and are pleased to see that you feel we have delivered in the past. We are continously working on improving the hotel, and based on feedback such as yours, the Sleep Number beds are being converted and other types are available at time of reservation. We are committed to being your first choice and urge you let me know your thoughts.

Thank you once again, and have a great New Year!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

It was my first stay at this Radisson. I was put in a room at the back facing north and found it very quiet. Room was very clean and had sofa, internet hookup and newer T.V. . The bathroom was somewhat smaller but O.K.. The heating was sufficient but did not seem to be warming up very quicky. The bed was very comfortable. Check in was friendly and efficient. I did not use the resturant facilities.

Room Tip: For a quiet room I would ask for a norht facing room (even numbers). I am sure the side facing the T...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JEB007

Thank you for taking the time to share! It is always wonderful to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay and that our team have left you with a friendly feeling. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel. I arrived on 'Canada Day' and then took off to seek out a couple of elderly relatives in Kamloops and Kelowna. I finally left Calgary right after Kate's and William's July visit to Calgary. When I was at the hotel, the bars and the restaurants were full and had no seating for me. But Calgary has tons of ethnic restuarants, so that wasn't a problem. My 6th floor room faced south and west, and you could hear traffic noise from the Trans-Canada and Deerfoot Trail if you ventured out on the balcony. In fact, the hotel's location places it conveniently close to everything important in Calgary.

As far as substance and sumptuousness are concerned, I had a clean room and amiable staff on my floor. There are some quiet rooms facing north, but I wasn't looking for quiet. In fact, there were guests running all over the place, so I did keep my door locked.

All in all, I wasn't expecting a five-star experience, and all my *positive* expectations were met.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms are north-facing but have no view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Forest20851
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share in regards to your stay with us and your visit to Calgary. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming again upon a future visit.