Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
$154
Sheraton.com
$105
$85
All reviewsan older hotelclose to the airportthe shuttle driveran early flightone night stayfitness roomdowntownconventionvehicle
Reviewed June 18, 2011

About 10 minutes from airport with shuttle. 10 minute drive to downtown. Gas station next door. Go 1km east for find a Canadian Superstore (like Walmart). Super easy hwy access. Newly renovated hotel with free WiFi and free parking. Nice looking restaurant and bar on premises. Will stay here next time in town to visit family.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaKuFL
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be extremely convenient and easily accessible.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed here one night before an early morning flight out of Calgary. Lobby looks really nice, but the rooms need renovations. The couch in my room had stains in many places and the fabric was torn. Tube TVs. Terrible lighting--a floor lamp was basically falling apart. The bathroom was tiny, and the shower knobs were incredibly old. Rooms are NOT soundproof--could hear planes and hallway noise throughout the night. Radissons are typically nice, but not this one. Stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn at the beginning of my trip, which also wasn't great but was nicer than this hotel.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missingmpls

Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your visit with us. It is upsetting to see that you did not feel our hotel met your expectations, and we are apologetic to your case. Our team members work very hard to ensure that all our guests have the best experience possible. As with most hotels, renovation programs are streched over a couple years, and we were pleased to have just completed our television replacement on July 5th. We now feature a 42" LCD in every room.
I am certain that we can regain your trust in Radisson Hotels, and ask that you contact me directly upon your next visit, and would be happy to assist.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

What a lovely hotel. We were only in Galgary for the one night as we were flying home the next day. Fast polite check in. Lovely large room with snowy white bedcovers and towels. A very nice polite young man arrange and drove us to the airport in the shuttle bus even though we had arranged for a 12 noon transfer to the airport when we went down at just after 11.30 the young man took our bags out to the bus and took us there and then to the airport. So thank you all staff, our first stay at a Radisson, we will be looking at others when we next travel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ayrbrain

How wonderful to read such a nice review of our hotel and team members. It is our pleasure to be part your Calgary experience, and please feel free to call upon us again when your travels bring you back to Canada.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

The hotel was very well equipped for a business trip, noticed lots of families, so I'm thinking it's good for them too! We were especially impressed with Denise the shuttle driver that picked us up at the airport. Her shuttle was full and before we knew it, she had arranged for a taxi to take us to the hotel. Check in and out was professional, smooth and quick! I would stay there again and have already recommended the Radisson to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Maryann88

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and look forward to sharing your comments with our team members.

Feel free to contact me anytime, as I am at youtr service.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I thought I would give the Radisson a try, as I usually stay at the Country Inn and Suites (which is far nicer, by the way).

Of course everyone is wowed by the lobby, but once you get to the rooms, it's like a time warp. The carpet is old, the rooms are small, there was an old tube TV, no fridge or microwave, which I thought would be a standard in hotels by now, especially ones that are by the airport! I called down and Front Desk said they could bring one up, which I denied, as I began to wonder where they were going to put it!

I did enjoy the balcony and as to be expected, I could hear planes (after all it is an AIRPORT hotel, so I don't know why people complain). I never managed to figure out if they had WIFI, but I'm pretty sure it's still good old Ethernet... which means my laptop was tied to the desk!

There's lots of upgrading that needs to be done and until then I'm not sure if I'll be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madusa_3231
MgrRadissonCalgary, Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased to see that you felt positive in regards to our cleanliness, service & location. We have been working hard to upgrade various areas of our hotel, and appreciate your patience and understanding. You did mention the televisions, and we are pleased to advise you that these will be replaced within the next 6-8 weeks, to our new standard 42" in every room.
With respect to our internet service, we do offer both WIFI and hard wired options complimentary to all guests. As referenced, we do have both fridges and microwaves on request, as through a review of the past year, the majority of our guests did not use these, and we opted to remove them from our rooms, providing you with more space. We will always have some on hand, should you wish to request them, prior to your arrival.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, and please keep in touch when you return to Calgary.