“Better and cleaner hotels on the strip”

Canadas Best Value Inn Chinook Station
Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Sainte-Adèle, Quebec, Canada
“Better and cleaner hotels on the strip”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My room was very outdated and dirty, sheet in beed seemed to be already use by a previous client, stained. The washroom was a disaster, the maid that is cleaning this place obviously needs some lessons on how to clean properly. Found lost a human hair a all sorts of unidentifiable stains in sink and bath tub... We finally didn't use it.

Room Tip: Look around the area before you select it online - Better hotels where in the are, same price.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cedric L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a disgraceful facility. Our room was not cleaned the first day. The carpets were so dirty our socks and bare feet turned coal black if shoes not worn. To take a shower then, the water ran black off our feet. The carpet is in dire need of shampooing. Thick dust coated bathroom ledges. The room is a health hazard. The coffee pot in the room had a broken handle and spilled when pouring. It was not replaced when the defect reported. Even the check-in lobby had a moldy smell to it. Staff responded to our concerns by arguing with us. There was no understanding of the word hospitality displayed during our stay. The Howard Johnson web site says all its hotels/motels are independently owned and operated. Their non-existent licensing procedure is painfully evident at this location. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Keith M

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife told me not to.She was in doubt as to what other people had reviewed online.But I did it.Came to Calgary for work .Being a plumber ,was on the hunt for the cheapest option.Which got me here.Reception staff ,was friendly .Even though , they had a no vacancy sign on . They asked me to wait so that they can arrange something .Surprisingly ,they did past mid - night having had the trouble of trying a few hotels before .I found my oasis here.Would definitely recommend as a no frills option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I checked in late afternoon and returned late evening only to discover at about 11pm that the sheets had what appeared to be blood stains, both the flat sheet and the top sheet. It took some negotiations to request more than just the flat sheet. Eventually I was given a set of sheets. I was assured by the front desk attendant that the sheets were clean, even if there were stained. The attendant refused to understand that this was not proper for guests. As I peeled off the sheets, I then saw that the mattress also had blood stains and all kinds of other stains. The attendant without coming in the room and seeing the stains, argued with me that it was not blood. I requested another room and apparently that night the hotel was full. I was told I would have to wait until the next day to have another room. I refused and had to relocate to another hotel at about 11:45pm. The hotel refused to refund for that night, even though I did not occupy it. The hotel manager would not take my calls the next day. I emailed and his reply was that I refused the change of room and that he was legally entitled to keep my room rate for that night because I apparently occupied the room for 6 hours. I took photos which I included in the email. They did not care as they claim they take the utmost care to provide for a clean environment. It was dirty, smelly and a health hazard. The worse hotel experience ever. I hope the manager reads this and I look forward to reading his attempt of pathetic response.

Room Tip: A tip to help travellers choose a good room at that hotel ? Very simple, if you have the opportunit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Georges R
Seward, Alaska
Reviewed September 1, 2013

First off, they hate American . Second, they will keep your money if you book a room and give a months notice of Cancellation. The rooms are old and small and stink. Breakfast is a granola bar. Trust me, stay away from these Greedy prejudice Heartless people, who own this so called inn. More like a over priced homeless shelter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank TravelerK9074RY
Vishal C, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn Chinook Station, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us. Deep Discounted Non refundable Bookings are set in stone . Bookings are Cancellable & refundable as per the specified policy. I'm sorry we didnt meet your expectations of a hot breakfast . Being a budget motel has its limitations . For further clarifications please contact

Vishal
403 264 0030 ext 129
Hojocalgary@gmail.com
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Terrible! Absolutely HANDS DOWN THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE IVE HAD!! Booked a room from hotels.com and coming from out of province. Arrive happy on our HONEYMOON making a quick stop at a cheap hotel for a layover before hawaii. They claim they had no booking from our travel agent, then continue to tell us our price would be double what we had budgeted for. We explain we could not oay that amount and would like it for thw original price. They became extreamly rude and hostile! Offended we would dare to ask for the original price, ontop of the new asking price they wanted a 300$ deposit for 1 night! Every other customer was frusterated and lied to about their prices. They handed my husbandcredit card to a worng person, who thankfully returned it to us. The front end girl lost another customers credit card and they tried to accuse us for stealing it infront of other customers! Left in tears, with no other available hotels in our price range. Ended up spending 200$ on a room for one night at another hotel because we were desperate for a place to sleep. Horrible, rude, dirty stinky place.. if i can save one peraon from a similar experience by writing this review i am happy! Please think twice before coming here.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank bdjdidnfkfikfnfnfo
Vishal C, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn Chinook Station, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us .We are sorry for your experience .Hearing that we havent got any of your booking .You first reacted no problem but made a u turn . Why make us the scapegoat when hotels.com e mail clearly mentioned.You will be sent a confirmation # later .Which you never got .
I spoke to the supervisor at hotels.com and apprised you of the case who are ready to compensate you .Hope you contact them and get things straighten out .
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I paid for a room walked in ask for a refund right away and they wouldn't give me my money back. room are not fit for a homeless shelter. really you would be better off sleeping in a bus shelter. on top off all this i paid cash, when i called they said 200 deposit when i got there it was 300. the next day they kept my 300 dollar deposit. so at the end of the day it cost me $410. for a night in a hotel l i felt i should have been paid to stay in. i called ho jo and they refuse to do any thing about this. If you want the worst hotel experience you've ever had then go ho jo express inn 5307 McLeod Trail SW Calgary. ill never stay again and im hoping i can save any 1 who reads this the same experience i had with them. what a rip off

Room Tip: any hotel but this one
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Mitch F
Vishal C, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn Chinook Station, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hi,We apologize for your experience .Catering to 3000 guests every month mostly comprising of business travellers and families.For the comfort of all the in house guests we have strict rules to deter people to party .Breaking the house rules ,smoking and partying will not help.For further clarifications please call me personally at 403 264 0030 ext 128 or hojocalgary@gmail.com