Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre
The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
$157
$92
$86
All reviewssnack basketcalgary zoobreakfast buffetfree airport shuttlec trainbeds were very comfortablehot tubwould stay here againcoffee makerstayed one nightshuttle serviceclose to the airporthorizonsbanquetloungedowntownsauna
Reviewed April 28, 2013

attended an AGM at the hotel...check in was a breeze...staff were courteous and efficient...rooms were excellent and clean The hotel easy to navigate. Hotel easy to find. Food was A 1 and there was plenty to satisfy a big appetite

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Yukonner1
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I arrived from travelling all night on a bus it was 10:30am. and didn't expect to get a room for some time. The front desk clerk had me in my room in ten minutes.
Very professional and courteous. The room was lovely, clean, well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable and cozy. The shuttle service to the airport doesn't start till 5am. and I needed one at 4:30am. But I took the risk and arrived at the airport with plenty of time to check-in for my flight. Another thing the front desk clerk assured me and she was right. Saved me $40.00 in taxi.
I ate a delicous breakfast in the restraunt in the hotel. Service was excellent.
I decided (due to the weather outside) to eat dinner in as well. Excellent steak, wine, and service.
I'm looking forward to my next trip to Canada and staying here.
Top notch compared to another hotel I stayed at last time. Won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Prime_Sandy_Beach

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as the restaurant! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Enjoyed the Coast Plaza very much. Experienced a three night stay and it met all my needs. Great internet service, (at no charge was appreciated). Staff were very friendly particulary the service in the restaurant at Sunday Brunch was outstanding and the variety of food was impressive. The room seemed larger than most rooms I have stayed in, was clean and comfortable. Have to say they have the most comfortable beds and the room was quiet so had a good night sleep. Price was reasonable and airport shuttle was free so will definitely choose
to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room, the king bed was so comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Samantha A
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your great review. I'm very glad to see you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for four nights, and it was a great experience. However, the restaurant service was very slow and inadequate. We had to wait ten to fifteen minutes to be seated, when there was only one other table in the whole restaurant. And there was aspects of our meal that was incorrect.

Thankfully, the hotel is in a very convenient location. There are plenty of very appealing and tasteful restaurants within 5km of the hotel.

Also, the ice room had room service plates sitting there for a day. The room which was very warm (not a concern) made the smell unbearable.

The cleanliness of our room was great! And the hotel staff was very accommodating.
Will be visiting this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2013
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy that you had a great experience overall and have alerted the restaurant to the poor service your received during your stay. This is not the type of service Horizon's Bistro is accustomed to and we apologize we did not meet your expectation.
We are happy you will be staying with us again and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm sorry but the place is a dump. It's old, and rundown, the decor looks like it's never been updated. Filthy carpest and moldy showers. The place stank of old. Staff was OK to indifferent. I forgot a text book on the desk. I know exactly where it was. I phoned their lost and found to see if I could pick it up next time I was in Calgary, but they said they never found it. Hard to miss a 400 page hard covered, text book in the middle of a desk. The houskeeper couldn't be bothered to turn it in. Yes it's my fault I left it there, but basic courtesy and customer service doesn't exist there.

The only thing it has going for it is it's cheap. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BrWayne

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay and that you lost your text book. I am currently looking into the situation. I have also passed on your comments to the appropriate departments regarding the décor, carpets and showers as we have recently updated our guestrooms bathroom and replaced the carpets in the common areas and I am disappointed they did not meet your expectations.