“Go somewhere else”

Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here for a conference. Not impressed. The room at first sight looked clean but then it looked like the rugs weren't vacuumed and thing were very dust. The bathroom was fairly clean. There were some sketchy people in the lobby and waiting for the elevator. I found this somewhat disconcerting being a female travelling alone. I could barely wait to get home. In terms of conference facilities. The sound proofing was horrible. If I could do it all again I would stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Luv_Travel07
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Hello Luv_Travel07,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed with your stay . I have advised the appropriate departments in regards to the cleanliness of the carpets and the sound proofing of the conference facilities. We take the security of our guest's with the utmost importance and apologize that you did not feel comfortable during your stay. We hope that you consider staying with us again in a hopes that we can make this up to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alberta
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Numerous times we have stayed at this hotel and opted for the "Stopover Rate". It is an excellent and well priced option for people who are going on a holiday. We spend the night in a comfortable, clean room and in the morning take the shuttle to the airport. After arriving back in Canada, we phone the shuttle service, go back to the hotel and pick up our car. This is far more economical than leaving a vehicle near the airport as you get 7 free days of parking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DafyAlberta
Hello DafyAlberta,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the great rate with our Stopover Package and hope that you had a great holiday. We look foward to seeing you again!
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Wow. We made a reservation for 25. When we got there, it was in a room set for 15. The people who arrived first ordered drinks, the waiter was very confused already. He brought in more tables and chairs. The drinks came 45 minutes later. After we had all ordered our meals, we ordered anotherdrink - the food came and everyone was nearly done eating before any drinks came out. We told the guy to give everyone individual, separate bills, still, every single bill was incorrect! Seriously - not even my sister, who had a water and a flatbread had the correct items on her bill. No one switched places, we all stayed im the same spot, that was ridiculous. It took over 2 hours to get everyone's bills correct and paid. Good thing we didn't have to be on the airport shuttle until 3:00 am! The food was good though

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Colleen F
Hello Colleen F,

Thank you for your valuable feedback in regards to your meal at Horizon's Bistro. I am happy to see that you did enjoy the food. I have shared your poor service experience with the management at Horizon's Bistro and do apologize as this is not the service we are accustomed too. We would like to have the opportunity to make this up to you, and hope that you will consider dining with us again.
Vancouver
Reviewed March 4, 2012

For a Coast this was not up to par, the whole building was old and run down, the hallways smelled like old cigarette smoke and the staff were merely adequate. I had to move rooms for my second night as they had to turn the hot water off in one of the towers; strangely the day before I heard someone at the front desk talking to the staff about switching rooms due to hot water issues, did they put me in a room with hot water issues that they were already aware of?

There was also a lack of electrical outlets in the rooms, I understand it's an older building but...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank blubouie
Hello blubouie,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. I would like to sincerely apologize for the hot water issues you had experienced during your stay. We are currently upgrading our plumbing in all of the guestrooms to correct this issue and can assure you that this issue has been resovled in a majority of our guestrooms and will be fixed in all of them shortly. We are also going to be undergoing renovations and upgrades this spring and summer of our restaurant, lounge and lobby areas. We hope that you consider staying with us again and checking out our new decor.
Edmonton
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My only problem with this hotel is that the first day they cleaned our room they did not do a good job, we did not get any new towels and the used ones were still on the floor in the bathroom where we left them and they also did not take any of the empty bottles we had in the room. The toilet seat looked dirty but was actually scratched and that is why it looked dirty. They did bring us more towels when we phoned the front desk and asked for them though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Kelly S
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Coast Plaza on Feb Th/2012. The service from check-in to departure, for the most part, was excellent.( with a couple of minor problems) The hotel itself is very clean and the room was very clean and comfortable. Several offers were made to help us with our bags, but we're not the type of people that can't do things by ourselves. The only small inconvenience with the room was that it took app 15 minutes to get hot water to our tap. Really not a big deal except a waste of water running it that long. The other downside was that when we came back from dinner, there was a car with no handicap placard parked in the handicap space close to the door that I needed, as I'm in a wheelchair. The city police were there at the time and I asked them if they could do something and they told me that they ran the plate and the owner was older so they weren't going to do anything about it. I am "older" also with a "handicap license plate", but apparently, that doesn't make any difference. The hotel desk also knew about this and never did anything about it. It makes me wonder why we have these laws for handicap parking if nothing is ever done. We've stayed at this hotel several times, but am wondering if we'll stay here again due to the fact that the desk staff didn't seem too interested in this minor problem. Other than that, I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are good, but if you're in a hurry, try and get a room close to t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OnepeopleOneblood
Santiago de Puriscal, Costa Rica
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Coast Plaza when it was a Delta. I have always liked this Hotel both for the service, consistent quality of the rooms, food and service. All in all a pleasure to be able to stay there and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We like our peace and quiet so a room on one of the upper rooms away from the ice machine and elevat...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family