“Love the Carriage House”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Airdrie, Canada
“Love the Carriage House”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at the Carriage House this past weekend for an event. Being from Calgary, I hadn't been in this hotel for a long time. I was pleased with the recent makeover to the exterior which made it more modern. We had our room upgraded by the hotel as a surprise. Our room was flawlessly clean and comfortable. I loved how the chapstick is available, as our climate is quite dry. I also loved the Keurig machine in the room. I personally have a phobia of hotel showers, this one was so clean and had great water pressure. All in all an amazing stay, with great staff, food and ammenities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our family held a memorial luncheon at the Carriage House for my brother. Stacey did everything she could to take into consideration our wants. The hotel waived the rental on the room because it was a memorial.

The food was served exactly when we wanted in a room that was spacious but very comfortable. The food was as advertised and delicious.

The servers noted that some of the guests were seniors and helped them choose their food and took it to the tables for them without any prompting. It was a serve yourself with service.

There was some confusion over our power point presentation but a very nice young woman solved the problem in minutes without any upheaval or fuss.

We were all happy and pleased.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Myrna90
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past for business. I became really sick and wasn't able to show up for my reservation. The hotel charged me for the full price of the room even when I called the next day to explain the situation. I understand that they couldn't rent the room out, but they could have given me some kind of discounted no-show charge considering my past business with them. I will have no future business with them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I did not spend too much time at the hotel, but for two days stay, I found everything I need, and had a pleasant stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families and friends, and it will be on my top list next time I visit Calgary.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Spent one night at the Carriage House a couple of weeks ago. Had a pleasant time.
The staff are helpful.
Used the pool and enjoyed.
It is a hotel that has a comfort feel.
It would be fine for families or for couples.
Had the Sunday Brunch and enjoyed it .
Would recommend this hotel.
We will stay there the next time we are in Calgary.
Anne

Room Tip: The room we were in was small but I don't know if different sizes are available. It was fine but...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stayed a couple times here on Business. The Rooms are decent and the beds comfortable. There is a bit of a "mop pail" odor in the main lobby, Its been there both times we have stayed. The outdoor pool is awesome. Its really warm in the winter and has a couple of hot tubs as well, probably the biggest plus on the whole experience. The steak sandwich is worth the stop at the peanuts pub, I did have a negative experience with the waitress there. They have all this Hockey memorabilia on the walls but had football on half the TV's and wouldn't put the sound on for the hockey game on the other half. She said it was Thursday and it was football night. That was the "Bar rules". There were only four tables of people and no one was watching the football. Our service went downhill from there so we left. I will stay somewhere else next time as I don't like feeling unwelcome, and won't go to a place that puts their routine over customer experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim216
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

First of all the room was supposed to have two double beds, which resembled two twins. The room was extremely tiny and FREEZING! The bathroom had no heater and the tile floor was like cement. We asked about the pool and the staff insisted it was safe to allow my 5 and 9 yr olds to swim outside in -20. The room service has little selection and is outrageously priced for the quality and quantity of the food. And the 20% service fee for the staff to bring you your food is non negotiable and completely outlandish. Asking for more coffee for the room was like pulling teeth we had to practically beg for it. The bathroom sink reeked of mold and there was no tub, only a shower. We will NEVER stay here again

• Stayed January 2014