“A very good business and restful hotel”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
BC
“A very good business and restful hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in August, and also in April, and will continue to go back. It is extremely clean, efficient, quiet (in spite of its size) and very comfortable.
It has 3 restaurants, including an impressive french one, and the chefs know their stuff.
The prices are reasonable, the staff courteous and friendly, and the location is perfect for our purposes.

Room Tip: ask for the end of a corridor, preferably on a high floor. It will be dead silent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Booked this property to attend a convention taking place there. They were able to accommodate my early arrival, upgrading my room to do so.The room was comfortable, most especially the bed. I ordered breakfast from room service both morning I was there and was pleased when it arrived hot and in very reasonable time. The conference facilities were excellent.I hope my convention goes back to this property next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was attending a Lucas Agnew dog training workshop. This was very convenient to Spruce Meadows, where the workshop was being held. The staff very very accomodating. Also pet friendly. Complimentary breakfast for us as well. I would have one request that was denied. It was to be able to use the stairs rather than the elevator. For some reason only certain floors had access to stairs?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I were very disappointed when arriving at this property. The room with king size bed we booked months in advance was not available so they put us in a room with twin beds. The property was dirty, one of two elevators was out of order, the coffee machine in the room was broken and the list could go on and on. Do yourself a favor and look for other accommodations while visiting Calgary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Carriage House Inn for a family wedding, and were both pleased and disappointed over the attributes of this hotel. The hotel has a tired and worn facade, yet the interior appears to have been recently refurbished. The rooms are average size with no amenities to write home about - but they are quiet, which is a good thing as I did not want any of the other guests to hear me shouting "where are the mountains" while peering through the "mountain view" windows. We were on the 7th floor but we may as well have been on the 1st floor due to the view, or lack thereof.

The clothes closet was so narrow I could not hang my shirt and jackets, and seemed to have been added as an afterthought. Hotel rooms should anticipate travellers with clothes.

Based on the amount of travel my wife and I experience yearly, I feel that the hotel's web site's photos and descriptors are overstated and border on being deceptive. Despite the excellent photographs incorporated into the web site, this is a "nice" 2 or 3 star family inn, not a superior hotel.

The complimentary buffet breakfast was disappointing, as was the small selection of food offered and even smaller level of service. On the other hand, the level of service in the banquet hall during the wedding was first rate!

Finally, although we did not use the fitness facility and outdoor swimming pool, both were in great condition and looked inviting. If visiting during the summer, bring your work out clothes and bathing suit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Martin G
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

In May I stayed at the Carriage House for three nights with my elderly mother. I chose this hotel based on location and price. I had requested a room near the elevator as my mom has mobility issues. Upon arrival we were offered a free upgrade (including complimentary breakfast each day) to a room closer to the elevator. The front desk clerk also gave us two complimentary drink coupons. The hotel is older but the room was nicely renovated and very comfortable. The small fridge in the room was very nice to have. The coffee maker in the room did not work and when I reported it to the front desk the next morning we received a complimentary pot of hot coffee delivered to the room. I thought this was a very nice gesture to make up for the coffee pot not working. We had one dinner in the restaurant and both the food and service was very good. The complimentary breakfast buffet each day was also very good. All of the staff were very friendly and very helpful. We had a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay there again and I definitely would recommend the Carriage House to anyone looking for reasonably priced, clean, comfortable accommodation with a level of service that in my opinion rivals much pricier hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn M
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I picked this hotel because of its location and the outdoor pool. We enjoyed being able to see downtown Calgary in the distance. A nice large window for viewing lightening! The air conditioning was challenging to adjust but when asked it was looked after. Nice and quiet room :) We were beside the elevator but we didn't hear it at all. The first night we dined in their fanciest restaurant and were treated to liquors! We had croissants from their bakery counter in the am. Friday morning there was a huge bakery set up in the lobby with many local baked goods. Also a family type restaurant and a lounge and a pub so lots of choices right on site. They were working on the pool one am( cracks have been repaired in the concrete) and the pool was closed one afternoon for a private function. Luckily we still had time to swim and relax by the pool at other times.

Room Tip: 7th floor is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple