“Great Hotel!”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Another great stay at the Carriage House Inn! This hotel is top notch and has anything you could need. The staff are amazing, the room's are awesome and the bed's are so comfortable! You can't go wrong in this hotel! I always stay here for business when in Calgary and they do really take care of you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GregRD
There are newer reviews for Carriage House Inn

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at The Carriage house on a regular basis for years and they always treat me well and provide great service and friendly staff.I recommend this hotel and refer The Carriage House to those I know travelling to Calgary.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Carriage House May 18 & 19 as we were attending a wedding there. We got the AMA rate which was very reasonable and included free breakfast. The food at the THÊ Restaurant was very good. We would have liked to eat in the Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge as the menu looked enticing but it was booked for a private event. Although the hallways were very drab and our room was small, it was well appointed and the beds were comfortable. I would stay there again and I would like to eat at their Sunday buffet as it looked amazing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth G
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had booked this room for one night, but I'm glad we didn't stay any longer than that.

Pros:
- Very clean rooms
- Fairly updated/modern rooms and lobby
- Good location - across from King's Head Pub and only a few minutes driving distance from Chinook Mall

Cons (not so easy to bullet point):

The hotel was a little too busy for my liking.

Also... we had booked a "superior" room I believe it's called through one of the big travel websites. The room really turned out to be no more than "standard". With the deal came a $50 coupon for food and drink (the $50 was added onto the cost of the room at the time of purchase), however, the $50 could ONLY be used on room service. The pubs and restaurants downstairs were not included. We did not discover this until almost 10pm after we were already stuffed from a meal we ate outside of the hotel.

It didn't take long to discover that the air conditioning in our room was not working. It takes a lot for me to be too warm, so it was definitely hot out when even I was complaining. We called the front desk and they sent a really nice maintenance man to work on the AC. It still didn't work though. We called down to the front desk and said we expected it to be fixed by the time we returned from supper in a couple hours. Still not fixed. We went down to the lobby and spoke with the front desk. They agreed to change rooms. At this point, between the $50 wasted coupon and the hot room, I was more than a tad annoyed. So after much discussion with the staff, they refunded us the $50, changed our floor, and upgraded us to a King bed instead of 2 Queens. This did make up for the several hours of grief we encountered. But again, the AC didn't work. We gave up trying after that.

It was decent of the staff to do this for us, however, it did take much persuasion and discussion, particularly since it felt like a never ending battle with staff members who had limited English speaking ability. I'm not trying to be mean, but when a person works in the service industry, it would be nice if the guests and staff could communicate with one another.

Would I stay here again? No.

Room Tip: Double check that the A/C is working before you get situated in your room. Don't bother purchas...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank heat912
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Have been staying at the Carriage House since 1980. That was for a 6 month stint when I got transfered from Edmonton to Calgary Have been going back there for the last 10 years for three days at the end of April every year. I find that the service rooms food seem to get better every time. .

Room Tip: If you like a soft pillow bring your own.South rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank George S
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a real crappy experience at the travelodge so stayed here instead and I'm so glad I did!! Rooms are nice with updated everything. Nice and quiet with super friendly staff. You get a complimentary breakfast that is Buffett. Great location too. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I decided to make an improptu shopping trip to Calgary one week and took our pet beagle along for the trip. The Carriage House was very quiet even though there was an event going on. Locationwise it was situated fairly close to the Chinook Centre and the Southcentre Malls so it was quite a good stopover for shopping.The rooms were a bit dated although very clean but with some minor wear and tear however, being a pet friendly hotel this was not unexpected. The shining gem here though is the fact that the hotel actually left us a stainless steel food/water bowl for use while staying there as well as a doggie bone for our pooch. We have traveled before with our dog and this is the first time I have come across this kind of treatment, so a great big kudos to the Carriage House Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple