“Great place to hold your next event”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Great place to hold your next event”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The Carriage House was a venue of choice for all kinds of events when we lived in Calgary. We now live in Napa Valley, CA, and when we go back to Calgary we find The Carriage House is still our favourite venue. We love the location and free parking. They have free WiFi which worked great and there is a Business Office where you can sit in comfort and print documents for free. Carriage House Managers are award winning professionals who have worked there for many years. That says a lot about their management. Even if you are not there for business, I think the Carriage House would be a great place to stay because of their new enclosure on the pool and new equipment in their health club.

Sandra L. Schulze, AdSpots Inc.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank AdSpotsWi-Fi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Ontario
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband had to go to Calgary for business and I decided to tag along. His company booked 4 nights at the Carriage House Inn as it was close in proximity so I cannot comment on the price. It's on a major industrial/commercial street, which is very convenient.
You can tell this was a older hotel but they did a decent job in renovating the rooms; the hallways are a little bit sad looking, but the rooms are adequate. They tried to add more counter space but it cut off the space for the toilet and the shower. Room temperatures were easy to regulate, and rooms were quiet, as I believe most staying here were on business, although there was one young family running up and down the halls and I could easily hear them. Clean facilities, and housekeeping staff were on the ball, even though I was leaving at odd hours during the day, and come back after an hour or two, the room would be done. Provided cute amenities including lip balm, which is much appreciated especially in winter!
The staff were always courteous. Many amenities including a clean gym, sauna, and surprisingly, heated pool and hot tub, which I tested out myself to be very warm in the dead of winter. I did not get to try the food but my husband tried the continental breakfast and he said it was good for a free breakfast as eggs and breakfast meats were provided.
Noted a lot of conferences happened here but did not affect our stay in any way. Just like below, we encountered the bagpipe gathering and even saw police cruisers but no rowdiness ensued. Never had trouble with parking, and they have an alternative lot. Check out was a breeze. I definitely would not mind staying here again.

British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We randomly selected the Carriage House Inn after needing a hotel right in that area. When we arrived there was some kind of bagpipe convention going on, so the girl upgraded us to a higher floor room. The room was spacious and clean, but the bathroom was a bit small.

The walls between rooms are paper thin. We could hear the person in the room next to us coughing and we knew when they were opening/closing their blinds because we could hear them sliding on the rod. We didn't watch much TV, except when getting ready in the morning and the cable in our room was fuzzy. Kind of like when you had to watch TV using those rabbit ears and it looked like there was a snowball fight on the TV.

The hotel has a continental breakfast, but even on weekends it ends at 9 (or shortly after). We went down for breakfast on our second morning at 9:30 and were turned away, even thought he restaurant was open and had lots of food. We couldn't even use the $25.50 credit that they would have charged us for the buffet on other items, and had to go find breakfast off-site. Lame. (Side note - if I was a paying customer and was charged $25.50 for two people for the continental buffet I would be choked. It was definitely not a buffet worth that much $$).

Those are the only negatives we found about this hotel. It was really nice, especially for the price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I love this hotel. It has never failed me on any of my business trips. The front office staff are excellent, the rooms are clean and the cleaning service is prompt and thorough. An added benefit is the wired internet. Restaurants are good and the complimentary buffet in the morning is a nice touch.

1 Thank Glenn M
Regina, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I travel to Calgary often and had not stayed at the Carriage house in years, Stayed here in December and then returned again in January as this is good value for your money, helpful staff and good location with easy access to where you want to go.

Western Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed again at The Carriage House Inn. I was at a Shriners function which seems to be held every couple of years there. The check in and out were swift and polite.
The room was immaculate but the bathroom is on the smaller side. The benefit of that is the room is quite large. Had a great shower.
If there was a downside is that the hotel has their own in-house bakery, The muffins are to die for but the dinner buns must have been left uncovered and were slightly 'stale'. However, the prime rib dinner and creamy dessert more than made up for it.

Denver
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this hotel somewhat at random and last minute to attend a conference in Calgary in Sept. 2012.

PROs: Staff - Everyone on staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and provided speedy service! Great staff!

Location - Kind of 'meh' (I would prefer a hotel downtown, but they were all booked), but still good. There is a grocery and Pharmacy next door, a McDonalds and some other shops in a strip mall. Perhaps best of all, the light rail station is within walking distance (albeit it IS a distance - about 6 blocks or so) and you can get to all major attractions for the price of a light rail ticket, which was quite nice. Just be prepared for a lot of walking (probably not nearly as fun in the dead of winter).

Clean - the Hotel is clean overall, though outdated.

CONs: Not many other than that it is an older hotel and it shows. The Hotel bar / casino area is kind of shoddy and doesn't exactly have a 'classy' feel to the place, but the hospitality you receive makes up for it and makes you feel welcome :)

Overall good stay! I would stay again given the opportunity!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business