Hotel Blackfoot
$333
$284
$518
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomedy clubcomedy showoutdoor poolchinook mallexecutive floorlobby loungemain restaurantindustrial arearenovated roomrain shower headroom servicefront desk staffhotel restaurantwonderful staymini fridgecomfortable bedsvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 4, 2010

This hotel is located in an industrial area with not much else of interest around it. It is close to the Stampede grounds and is easy to find. The room was comfortable. You could hear people talking in the hallways, but wearing ear plugs at night alleviated that problem. We didn't try the restaurant but it looked nice. The front desk has a large bowl of apples that you can help yourself to. Unfortunately the lounge and associated cafe were not open the weekend we stayed, so we didn't have a chance to try them.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AuntyMoWinnipeg
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We spent New Years Eve at the Blackfoot Inn Calgary. We got a package deal that included the room, buffet dinner and comedy show and breakfast vouchers $8 each for the next day all for $260. The room was quite spcacious with a love seat, chair, desk and the bed was very comfy and had a nice duvet. There is a nice banquet room to have a wedding reception in, which what was going on during the night we stayed. There is an outdoor pool and an indoor hot tub/sauna on the lower level, along with a work out gym. There is a restaurant in the hotel, a bar and also a comedy club. I am sure this hotel has many more features but we never had the chance to discover them with just the one night stay. The parking is free.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moscato-Mama
Reviewed October 1, 2009

After researching cost, location and reviews, I decided to book at the Blackfoot Inn for my recent three day stay in Calgary. My research paid off and this turned out to be a great experience.
Check in was a breeze, and the complimentary chocolate chip cookie at reception was a nice touch. The package I booked included breakfast so I was given four vouchers for the breakfast buffet/brunch. In addition, I was given two free passes to the on-site comedy club, which I utilized Friday night. The Blackfoot Inn is extremely clean with very comfortable beds and nicely appointed rooms. The staff is very friendly and the front desk is very responsive. I wasn't able to get the TV to work so someone was sent up with a new remote in less than 10 minutes. I liked that parking was free and it was located beside the Deerfoot Trail, which is a major Calgary artery. I had breakfast twice in the restaurant. The voucher was good for the buffet or an a la carte item up to $16.95 in value. I missed out on the Sunday brunch as I had to get going early and it didn't start till 9:30. I did see them set it up and it looked very impressive. Fortunately my a la carte item was very tasty. Friday I ate in the sports bar. It was okay but really, you are not going there for fine fare. The atmosphere was fun and there was no shortage of giant TV's broadcasting a game. The comedy club was a fun way to spend an evening and I appreciated the complimentary tickets. I will definitely come back time I am in Calgary.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed 1 night at the blackfoot inn as we have moved to Calgary and our stuff was being delivered the next day.

Keep in mind that this was day 8 of an 8 day road trip from Florida - so I probably was not as cheerful as I normally am.

Well, this place was great. The front desk staff couldn't find our reservation (although I had booked it the night before, online - at their site). They did eventually find it and we chatted with them while they did - very friendly.

We stayed in room 123 on the first floor, overlooking the pool. It was lovely - the room was clean and spacious and the beds were quite comfortable.

I have never stayed at the Blackfoot before and always thought it didn't look like much from the outside - but this room was just lovely and quiet (two queen beds).

They accept pets, free in a smoking room, $30 charge in a non-smoking room. We paid $ 129.00 for the night, plus tax, for a total of $143.60 Canadian. This was a 24 hour sale rate I found on their website, be sure to check the drop down menu on the booking screen to check all the rates available.

Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Booked the hotel online and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I'm a picky traveller but this hotel was more than satisfactory. Room was clean and quiet, staff friendly and accomodating and location was fine for the southeast activities we had planned. Easy to get to, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family