Hotel Blackfoot
$154
Sheraton.com
$109
$85
All reviewscomedy clubcomedy showoutdoor poolchinook mallexecutive floorlobby loungemain restaurantindustrial arearenovated roomrain shower headroom servicefront desk staffhotel restaurantwonderful staymini fridgecomfortable bedsvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in the hotel for both business and pleasure always walk away satisfied. Newly renovated rooms are stunning and spacious with a more contemporary modern feel. Service attentive and excellent. POOL not in service this stay was disappointed being there for kids Lacrosse tournament.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Funmaster1
Simon T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

We're very glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for bearing with us as we complete the renovations on our pool. It will be complete by July 15th. We're trying our very best to keep everyone informed of the progress; I do believe we sent a letter to your group leader regarding our pool situation, but perhaps the message wasn't passed on. Hope to see you and your team again, it was nothing but a pleasure to have you guys here.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The newly renovated rooms are very nice. We especially liked the bathrooms with the large shower with the soft rain shower head.
The breakfast for a buck offer will give you a basic breakfast. As their were two of us, we had to pay a little extra, but it was well worth it - even my bacon and eggs had a touch of gourmet cooking to it

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank nvgoodtimes
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had previously booked with a different hotel after reading the reviews and was advised by a friend to see if I could get a renovated room as this hotel was much closer to the conference. I spoke to Benedikt and told him I was not impressed with reviews and he helped me change our minds and we were very glad we switched to this hotel. The room was nice facing a outside pool courtyard. (the pool was not open as it was May). The beds were comfortable and room was well appointed. We were located in a quiet area and slept well. The staff were friendly at front desk. We felt the food pricing in the hotel restaurant was high as was mentioned in a previous review. Due to Mother's Day the hotel served a continental breakfast and it was okay.
If I had to stay in that area of Calgary I would book with this hotel, again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hazzle-free
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews and their Zoo package deal, which was fantastic! We were very pleasantly surprised to see our room. It was so, so nice. I love the finishings and that shower is amazing! We only stayed a night and wished we could have stayed longer. I booked again for the stampede and was given a discount for mentioning how our family really enjoyed our stay the last time! It was nice and quiet during the night, perfect for our young children. My only complaint is our dinner. our waitress messed up a few things on our order and we felt so bad to correct her since she was very elderly. I had high hopes for my lamb burger but could only taste djion mustard, I don't believe I even finished it. Breakfast however was fantastic, my quiche was great! We are looking forward to our next stay and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Shawna G
Simon T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for the review! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with your whole family. Hopefully next time you come we'll have the pool renovations complete and you guys can enjoy some cocktails while you judge the kids' cannonball contest.
As for your your lamb burger, it's really too bad you didn't mention anything to the waitress. We encourage all of our guests to speak up if something isn't right. We'd love to have you back to give the lamb burger another shot, or try one of the many other options we have.
Thanks again for your thoughts. We've passed them around to everyone on the team.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel Blackfoot has been our destination hotel for quite a few overnight trips due to its central location in the city. My husband and I stay there purely for convenience and as a mini getaway, since we live about 1 hour south of the city. This past visit for our anniversary celebration was very dissappointing though, for many reasons.

Firstly, we often use the pay-per-view movie option offered in our room as an extra bonus. This time we found that the movies had almost doubled in price and were about $21.95 and up per movie which we found to be outlandish! Needless to say, we decided not to view a movie in our room.

Secondly, we had the "Breakfast for $1.00" included in the price of our room which entitled us to a $20 voucher to the hotel restaurant. We thought this was an excellent option until we arrived at the restaurant for breakfast only to find that the menu items were at least $12 or more. Even the continental breakfast was priced at $15.95 per person. I found this offer kind of deceiving in that both my husband and I could not eat breakfast for the price of the $20 voucher and ended up paying an additional $12 over and above the voucher.

Thirdly, we had an upgraded room which was very nicely decorated, clean and functional. The downfall was that the new doors they had installed on the bathrooms were sliding doors which did not close tightly at all leaving a gap you could actually see through and not very private...no lock either!

Needless to say, this past trip to the Hotel Blackfoot will probably be our last.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy M

Thank you very much for the feedback. All of the issues you have raised have been shared with our team and are being taken very seriously. To address your irritations, as you mentioned, we are currently in the process of upgrading our rooms and facilities and there are indeed a few kinks to be worked out. The bathroom doors, for example, are being modified as we speak so that they close completely.

In regards to your pay-per-view movie frustration, there are a variety price tags on the movies that we offer, meaning it depends on the movie, release date, whether or not you want to watch in HD, etc. as to what the price will be. Movies start at about $10.00 and up. I agree that $20.00 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a movie; this has been brought up with our decision makers to see if we can find a more cost efficient way to offer this service.

As for our Breakfast for a Buck Package, we intended this to be aimed at our single travelers - usually staying on business trips throughout the week. If you do come back - and I really hope you do as you'll be able to see the hotel in its finished form - I'd like to suggest trying a package that is more suitable for a couple. The Going AWOL package offers a $50.00 food and beverage credit per night and only costs a few dollars more than our best available rate and you can spend the credit on food and drink any time of the day.

Thanks again for your feedback and happy anniversary!