“Never disappointed”

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Brandon, MB
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Blackfoot 3 or 4 times over the past few years and have always been satisfied. I find the location good for me because I have friends in the south end but it is close to quite a few things if you have a car. The "Trails" (kind of freeways) are close by and convenient. It may not look like the swankiest hotel on the outside but I won't stay in dives and the Blackfoot has met my expectations. On this most recent visit I had a very nicely renovated room on the 5th floor that was comfortable, clean and quiet. Exactly what I wanted.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bjstirling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel is in the middle of nowhere so you can not walk to any sights or see anything interesting. You would have to drive.
We booked this hotel because the weather was supposed to be good in Calgary, and we wanted to lounge by the pool (which is advertised on their website). Imagine our disappointment upon checking in (we booked through hotels.com so could not get a refund), we discovered that the pool is closed for renovations. Why would the hotel not put this important detail on their website? Dreadful - hotel offered us free glass of wine to make up for there being no pool (it didn't).
Besides that, this hotel is tired and rooms are average. Not a luxury space by any stretch of the imagination.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adventuress2010
Simon T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks for writing in. We very much understand your frustrations and wish we could do much more to make it up to you. We try very hard to have our website current and updated, however, you are correct that there were a few days where our pool's opening dates were in discussion and therefore taken off of our site. Of course, there still should have been a notice explaining the pool would be closed until further notice. This was an inexcusable lack of foresight on our behalf.

As for our location, I feel it is my duty to defend. We are located just minutes by car to the best shopping in Calgary, the Stampede Grounds, downtown and we are at the intersection of Deerfoot Tr., Glenmore Tr., and Blackfoot Tr. - 3 freeways that will take you to any quadrant of the city quicker than the shake of a lambs tail. I agree that we're a diamond in the rough, but I also believe it's what is on the inside that counts.

Thank you very much for the review and we hope to see you again.
Vancouver
Reviewed May 20, 2013

When I recently checked into the hotel Blackfoot for a business trip, I was disappointed when a new jacket was returned from their dry-cleaning service damaged. They sent it for repair, but it still was not in good condition.

I was amazed when Sean the hotel manager called me and said they had bought me a completely new jacket! I have stayed at this hotel for business well over 2 dozen times.

These guys have my business for life.

Cheers! - Jason

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TitanProductsGroup
Simon T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you kindly, Jason, for the rave review! Sean is a longtime employee here at the Blackfoot and an invaluable member of our team - a true inspiration to us all. We will be sure to share the love with Sean and it will undoubtedly make his week! Glad to hear your new jacket is working out.
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The bedding in our room had not been changed from the previous guests, only remade. We had our two children tucked into bed and an hour later got into ours and found food and a toy underneath the neatly made bed. We let the front desk know and they did send housekeeping right away to change our sheets but I feel terrible knowing that my children were sleeping in unchanged sheets. The worst part is if we would have put them in that bed we may have never noticed! I couldn't sleep all night thinking about how I just watched TV on someone else's pillow. The front desk offered for us to come down for drinks as compensation which we declined as we were staying with our two and three year olds. Very disappointed with how this was handled, just thought other people should be aware as well that there sheets may look neat but are they clean???

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charloumo
Simon T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
This is an incredibly rare and unfortunate situation (in four years I've never seen anything like it). We're glad we got in touch with you and I'm sure your next visit will be nothing short of immaculate.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I have probably stayed here 15 times in the last 25 years, however it has been 10 since the last time. It was the Blackfoot Inn and is now the Hotel Blabkfoot.

The updated rooms are very nice! And the staff is still great! The public spaces are the same, worn, dull and drab.

If they want to take it to the next level, it still needs work. I would however stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bobgek
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We loved our stay at Hotel Blackfoot, very nice place and will stay again. Only draw back is that the restaurant and menu are not kid friendly and no kids menu at all and our waiter had poor very poor English that I have no patience for when trying to feed 3 kids alone. Had to go out of the hotel for food.

But it's close to everything and many attractions! Beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank angel69132
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If I had to complain about ANYTHING about this hotel, the complaint would be that my cars navigation did not list it at all. The Hotel Blackfoot was amazing. Our room was a newly renovated double queen. The white linens, including the duvet cover had me knowing the bedding really was clean (I did check it), the bed was the single most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The room was modern, and average in size.

I have stayed in many hotels including the Hotel MacDonald (in Edmonton) and the Hotel Blackfoot was the best and most amazing. Honestly I was surprised!

We had to run to a drug store late at night not only did the front desk staff find a drug store that was open 24 hours the had prefect directions for us!

Breakfast in the Green dinning room was their Sunday brunch, and this brunch was again by far the best I have ever seen, they even had a seafood table!

This trip was a family trip but I am looking forward to returning for a couples weekend, as soon at we can!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family