“Weekly Networking Group”
Review of Hotel Blackfoot

Hotel Blackfoot
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our weekly networking meeting is at Hotel Blackfoot. They put on a breakfast buffet in a meeting room and the food is always very good, along with solid service. I'm not sure of the pricing but I'm sure it is reasonable or we wouldn't be there.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Poucher68
Simon T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thanks for the review, Poucher68! We'll see you again in two shakes of a lamb's tail!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here as part of a conference. The hotel was very nice on first entry and we had good room with lots of space. The furniture isn't what they show on the website but it was fine. The location was industrial park but since the trade show was there it didn't matter. Food in the lounge was pretty bad. No taste and not hot. Unfortunately some of the conference attendees experienced a broken pipe and water in their rooms. We were luckier and the conference rooms worked well for our event. I wouldn't pick this place if I wasn't attending a trade show or conference there.

1  Thank Amaranth1
Simon T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Amaranth1. I believe that a lot of the issues you had with your stay are related to the construction and renovations that are happening in and around the hotel. It is definitely true that we have been advertising our newly renovated rooms on our website and elsewhere and they are available for a small additional fee. This would explain the difference in furniture that you experienced. However, in no time at all, all of the rooms will be renovated.
As for the burst pipe in your co-workers' rooms, again, that was an unfortunate accident on the part of the workers who are remodelling our hotel. Surely your colleagues were given new rooms and we apologize for any inconvenience.
In regards to your restaurant experience, there's no excuse for poor quality food. In the future, we would be more than happy to remake your dish, or allow you to choose something more to your liking.
Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here for one week during a business trip to Calgary. I enjoyed the large room, quiet location and good food in the restaurant. Everyone was friendly and efficient and it was just a nice and easy place to stay. Enjoyed a jazz group one evening in the lounge that was first rate.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I did not set my expectations high when I booked a hotel through Expedia on the condition I would learn the name of the hotel after I paid a dicounted price. I was only there 1 night and only made it to the lounge and my room. The room was very adequate and lacked nothing. The food and drink prices are a little higher than normal but consistent with other hotels so not really a surprise. Lots of free parking. Would do it again if staying SE Calgary

1  Thank Gerryjoseph
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were delighted with the accommodations which featured soft
beds and plenty of pillows plus a choice of hot beverage in our
room to wake up to each morning.

The friendly staff went beyond their job duties to draw maps for
each adventure and described points of interest in Calgary.
They explained the handmade wooden chairs décor on our fourth
floor hallway with enthusiasm.

We did experience the excellent cuisine from your restaurant
at a reasonable price.
Your servers were exceptional and my daughter-in-law would like
to hire your chef.

The well designed business centre was exactly what was needed
and the comedy club jokes are still being repeated to our many
friends to help brighten their day.

Bravo!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alice U
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Booked a room at Blackfoot Inn, now rebranded Hotel Blackfoot Inn, in SE Calgary. Have not been to this hotel for quite some time and they have recently renovated their facility. Was a perfect location for my business needs as I had meetings in the SE industrial area of Calgary. Room rates were very reasonable, they honored by CPSA discount card. Big surprise was the quality of the restaurant. Very nice menu selection for dinner and breakfast. Great service and attention to detail for an industrial area hotel. The staff are obviously well trained and customer focused. Calgary is an extremely competitive market and the crew @ Hotel Blackfoot Inn convinced me to come back. The room was comfortable, well appointed and quiet. Room temperature was easy to moderate which can be a chore in other hotels. I'll be back, for sure!

1  Thank neilcha
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The sunday buffet at this hotel was amazing, well worth the money but get there early to get a good seat. We booked thru Group On and they advertised (not the hotel) that we would recieve two gift baskets (one per day) during our stay. The first gift basket was a joke,, for two people we got one strawberry, one hard plum, one pop, bagged popcorn, and one maple lolipop and I think it may have been a bag of gummie bears or something like it! I thought to myself this must be a joke, maybe the other half of the basket is in the bathroom so I looked and no basket.
After a lengthy conversation with the desk clerk ( he tried to tell me the two baskets were joined as one on the first day that's why we didn't get a second basket the next day} on the phone and then eventually with the manager in person, he relunctantly sent us another basket the following day. They tried, the second gift basket was better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family