“A very pleasant surprise”
Review of Hotel Blackfoot

Hotel Blackfoot
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Booked a room at Blackfoot Inn, now rebranded Hotel Blackfoot Inn, in SE Calgary. Have not been to this hotel for quite some time and they have recently renovated their facility. Was a perfect location for my business needs as I had meetings in the SE industrial area of Calgary. Room rates were very reasonable, they honored by CPSA discount card. Big surprise was the quality of the restaurant. Very nice menu selection for dinner and breakfast. Great service and attention to detail for an industrial area hotel. The staff are obviously well trained and customer focused. Calgary is an extremely competitive market and the crew @ Hotel Blackfoot Inn convinced me to come back. The room was comfortable, well appointed and quiet. Room temperature was easy to moderate which can be a chore in other hotels. I'll be back, for sure!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank neilcha
There are newer reviews for Hotel Blackfoot

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The sunday buffet at this hotel was amazing, well worth the money but get there early to get a good seat. We booked thru Group On and they advertised (not the hotel) that we would recieve two gift baskets (one per day) during our stay. The first gift basket was a joke,, for two people we got one strawberry, one hard plum, one pop, bagged popcorn, and one maple lolipop and I think it may have been a bag of gummie bears or something like it! I thought to myself this must be a joke, maybe the other half of the basket is in the bathroom so I looked and no basket.
After a lengthy conversation with the desk clerk ( he tried to tell me the two baskets were joined as one on the first day that's why we didn't get a second basket the next day} on the phone and then eventually with the manager in person, he relunctantly sent us another basket the following day. They tried, the second gift basket was better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VictoriaKMF
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Recently stayed at the Blackfoot Inn in Calgary. Reasonable rates, clean rooms, restaurant good and reasonable, pub and gym mediocre. Special thank you to Tanya and her staff for an excellent job! I would welcome a stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived on Thursday and I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have an excellent restaurant. As a matter of the fast the few days we stayed there we ate entirely at this restaurant. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. It is very easy to get to and pretty much close to everything.

I would definitely stay again and would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda2455
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is in a rather odd location, middle of a light industrial area, but handy to all major roadways to get to every area of the city fairly quickly. Their is a very large indoor mall a five minute drive away.

The first two floors have been renovated, we were on the fifth floor and even though not renovated was still clean and modern. The beds were very comfortable but came with a very warm quilt that would have been fine but only if the room was very cold. Once I changed that out for a blanket it was fine. The heating system worked well and was very unobtrusive. The window does open but the road noise precludes having them open at night.

The hotel staff from doorman to front desk to restraunt were excellent without fail.

The restraunt was quite good for breakfast with a buffet or a la carte menu. We also went for the dinner buffet but it was just average.

The comedy club that is in the hotel was excellent value and entertainment.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mo32a
Simon T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thanks for the positive review! I really like your comments about our location and am glad you agree that it may be a bit "odd" because of the industrial area, but there are a lot of characteristics that make it more awesome than not.

We regret that you caught the buffet on an off-night, but it is constantly changing and hopefully you'll return on a night that it will change your opinion irrevocably.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The hotel is undergoing renovations currently, so if you don't mind, it's fine to stay there. The floors we stayed on hadn't been updated yet, so I think the hotel still has a long way to go to complete full refurbishment of their rooms. However, having said that, the un-updated room I had was fine - in a typical Holiday Inn Express way. It was clean so I was happy.

The hotel is not located downtown but it was still convenient if you had a car - it is only about a 10 minute drive to downtown. There is an Enterprise car rental place right opposite. Taxi from airport to hotel is about $45.

I was generally quite happy staying here. The hotel has a restaurant and bar and all employees were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lovetotravelhk

Thanks for the review! I think you'll love the renovated rooms. I would also like to point out, and I apologize nobody mentioned this at the time, that we have a subsidized sedan service for airport travel for $40.00 each way. That includes tip and tax. Hopefully next time we can set you up.

One more thing, 82 reviews in 48 cities is impressive! Wow!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

When I realized our hotel was in an industrial district, I was disappointed. The disappointment immediately stopped due to the concierge’s help even before we arrived at the Blackfoot. A driver was at the airport to meet us on time and with the sign that made him easy to spot. We could not have had a better time from beginning to end. The view of the city both during the day and night was beautiful. The bed was great. I want a pillow to take home!. Every one of the employees seemed exceptional, but the concierge, Dan Brook was so far above and beyond anything we could have expected. Our travel companions and we were almost arguing about which person had helped us the most.

The room was spotless and included a comfortable sofa and chair and wireless internet. We asked to be sure there was a refrigerator and microwave. Everything was done that we asked and far more.

The staff has cookies at the front desk which makes registration even better. The sauna and steamroom were definitely a bonus after a day of sightseeing.

We were helped with reservations with tours, taxis, restaurants with an amazingly positive attitude. We could not have had a better experience.

Room Tip: Ask for help from the concierge ahead of time.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends