Hotel Blackfoot
$151
$128
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$113
Hotels.com
$96
$83
Travelocity
All reviewscomedy clubcomedy showoutdoor poolchinook mallexecutive floorlobby loungemain restaurantindustrial arearenovated roomrain shower headroom servicefront desk staffhotel restaurantwonderful staymini fridgecomfortable bedsvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Booked this hotel through Expedia "Unpublished Hotel" so wasn't sure where I was booking until after it was booked. We got a great deal! The hotel looks old and crusty on the outside but it is a lot nicer on the inside! Rooms were average size, some upgrades had been done to our room, some items still a bit dated, but nothing terrible. The room was clean, lots of towels and toiletries. Bed was comfy. Housekeeping was friendly and never seemed annoyed that we did not leave our room until after lunch time on most days. Never tried to disturb us. Good selection of room service and room service has extended hours. Yay!There are a lot of ammenities in this hotel, so if you are looking to hang around the hotel, this would be a good choice. Outdoor pool was lovely, and on the weekend they had poolside bar/food service which was a nice surprise. The onsite resteraunt was good, big selection of food. The comedy club is onsite, and we had no problem getting last minute tickets for the Saturday show. Hot tub and workout room are both a good size, always clean and stocked with towels. Did not get to try the sports bar our the lobby bar (which has an outside patio), but would imagine similar service/product to the other places. All in all we had a great time here and would stay again. The location is a little industrial, so wouldn't be a treat to go for a stroll around it or anything, but a quick drive to everything we needed, including the Chinook Center and downtown. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank The_travel_junkies
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed in the Blackfoot for 3 nights recently, to attend a wedding in Calgary. Our family booked 2 rooms which joined through an inside door. The hotel does not look like much from the outside, but the inside is completely fine. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful (even looking up our questions on their personal iphones when the internet was down!), and the rooms were basic but comfortable. While this hotel is not a 5* or a "romantic" place to stay - it certainly was enough and did the trick for us! It's also very close to the Chinook Center (a very nice mall!) for any shoppers out there!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SCF2010
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel is the regular 3 star hotel, rooms are very clean and standard. Our room was also quiet, we didn't hear anything from the boulevard down there.

It's definitely a bit old fashioned (no fridge, no wifi...), but I would stay there again with no fear.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliancarax31
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This 2 night stay was a Hotwire Fail for sure. 3.5 stars on Hotwire usually gets us a Sheraton or Hilton etc. I'm not sure how they think this Hotel even compares. The room was just okay, extremely small bathroom and the carpet was quite dated. The front desk staff was unaccommodating and wanted $50 extra per night for a King bed. Asked for a high floor and got the 2nd floor, no way the hotel was even close to full like we were told. There was a lot of noise in the hallways and the 2nd night there was an all out yelling match a few doors down for quite awhile. Not a good stay overall, we will never use Hotwire again because of it and stick to The Hampton Inn's and Hiltons. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EdmontontoVegas
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed here for two nights earlier this month for a business trip and thought the stay was excellent. I was greeted kindly enough on the phone when making the reservation and was able to obtain an email confirmation, too. The hotel was easy to find, especially after noticing the large "INN" word on Google Street View. After arriving, I was quickly checked in and offered a cookie. Literally. My room was literally as far from the front desk as possible, all the way at the end of the hall, and therefore afforded plenty of privacy. The room itself was very clean and offered all the needed amenities, including room service. All mechanics were in good working order, and if you've read any of my other posts, you know how thankful I was, as a frequent international business traveler, to discover an actual hot shower. The shower was great! The view out of the room was so-so... I was only able to view the outdoor pool, which was not yet open, and the surrounding industrial area. The bed was medium-hardness. The room service food was delivered with a smile and still hot; it was also delicious. The room was of sufficient size to allow a separate seating area and workspace... I was only a little cramped when trying to iron my shirt.

Overall, I had a great time here. I saw prior reviews that indicated the service and furniture were a little outdated. I think that's part of the old-fashioned charm that most people are looking to find in a hotel, though. Nothing about this Inn is really modern, but nonetheless I was extremely pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business