“Way better then the reviews!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambassador Motor Inn

Ambassador Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calgary
Ambassador Motor Inn
Ranked #100 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
calgary
“Way better then the reviews!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed at the Ambassador Motor Inn in January for work. I can to check in and I was told by the lady at the desk that they had a room that has 2 beds in seperate bedrooms and a little kitchen for $20.00 more. Much better then just 2 beds in a room. She showed me both room and I went with the seperate beds. It is a great little room. I liked all the staff I met there, very friendly and helpful. It was a nice place to stay. Close to everywhere I had to go. I went and tried out their restaurant and it was a great place to eat. On Wednesday's they have a ukrainian platter that was as good as my Grandmas. I will stay there everytime I come to Calgary!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank russell y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

I just spent the Canada Day Long Weekend in Calgary and stayed at the Ambassador. The motel definitely needs an upgrade with paint, swimming pool, and the entire facade (it looks like from the 60s). Otherwise, no big deal, the staff were very friendly and chatty, and provided tips about places to go during the long weekend, fireworks, parks, etc. Nothing was stolen from my room and/or my car and the room was very clean. No bed bugs or nothing of that nature. AC, TV, and coffee maker were in good condition. The food at Amber's restaurant was also great and the waitresses friendly. Here is a short video about the Ambassador: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plhHTgbG878

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank M0NcHiT0
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

Stay here if you want... goods stolen out of your hotel room, people who know nothing about customer service, and house keepers who continually walk in on you while you're sleeping! Worst stay I've ever had.... DON"T STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jesssss154914
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed there for only a few hours, in room 79, as we had to escape and sleep in the car due to the bedbugs!

My boyfriend and I were lying in bed under the covers watching t.v. when I felt something crawl over my arm. I threw back the covers and lo and behold, a bed bug. We jumped out of the bed horrified, and then I found two more! ARGH! When we headed down to the front desk with the dastardly bed bugs in a styrofoam cup, the clerk said that she would call the exterminator the next day, and refunded our money, although we still had to sleep in the car as they were no other hotels available. I highly suggest that you avoid this hotel for quite a while... bedbugs are very difficult to get rid of and they can travel between rooms. If one room has bedbugs, it is very likely that there are several others infested, and you really don't want to be bringing bedbugs home as souvenirs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank InvisibleOwl
Hinton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

I have NEVER met such IGNORANT people. If this is the service that you receieve, staying at a hotel, I have no idea how these people stay in business.The rate quoted on the phone was 69.00, when we arrived it jumped to 89.00 final story!! The clerk was extremley rude. When we told her we were not taking the room as it was TOTALLY DISGUSTING!!!!! she said to me, "well this will not be happening again" and I told her, you are right, it won't becuase we will never be coming back. To that she replied "good" I told her with we weren't coming back because of her patheic attitude, she then looked at me said "my attitude?" I then told her, she certainly should not be working in the Customer Service Field. She said I will return your money this time but never again. We didnt even rec a service why wouldn't you return our money. I work in a major hotel, and I am pretty sure if I treated people the way this people treat their guest I would be out of a job! Keep on going!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank bernadetterichard
Winnipeg, MB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

After a 15 hour drive, this place was a welcomed sight for tired eyes. The room we checked into was clean, but the bed seemed a bit lopsided. Definately bring your own set of pillows in with you. Our purpose was served, we had a bed for the night and a shower to freshen us up.

We felt the rooms were fairly priced given the excellent location. Being right on theTrans Canada highway and near downtown Calgary, made it easy for a late evening sightseeing drive through the city. Had we not found accommodations with an aquaintence on our return trip to Winnipeg, we would have checked in there again.

• Liked — The location was right
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank Salsguy
sylvan lake
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2008

I stayed at the Ambassador Motor Inn with my husband and our 2 year old. We were down for christmas and when we booked the room we went with a room with 2 beds. When we were checking in the front desk lady offered us a 3 room suite. This room had 2 seperate bedrooms and a living room and a kitchen. This was great since we had our daughter with us. I have never seen a room quite like this one. It was clean, comfortable and a great deal for the price. I would stay there again anytime, the staff were freindly and very helpfull.

• Liked — the friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing everything was great
  • Stayed December 2003, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank zuess