“Very convenient to the Calgary Airport”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #49 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I would rate this Hotel as average. It was clean and the room comfortable, with the exception of the bathroom which was very small. Good proximity to the Calgary Airport. Staff was friendly and helpful. O.K. for overnight, but not what I would consider a family hotel given the location. Average value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAInn, General Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2014

Dear John C,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have used this location on 3 other occasions and each time I have been very happy with my stay. Hotel isn't the newest location, but is kept clean and the beds are fabulous! Very friendly staff always willing to help and the breakfast offerings are great! the in door pool is a little shallow for my liking, but would be great if you have kids traveling with you. In all, I was pretty happy with my stay and I will be back on my next business trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary K

Dear Gary K,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

this is a very well placed hotel for Calgary airport. Fantastic friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble for them. Free shuttle service to airport. Rooms clean, modern and roomy. Hotel is getting a makeover soon, so will be even better than before!

Room Tip: 302 is a great room, has hot tub and lots of room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy C

Dear Andy C,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff treated you so well. We hope to see you the next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were really disappointed in the quality of this hotel as soon as we arrived. We'd just come from another Best Western in another city and they were far superior and the room was even less money. The building is dated and in badly in need of renovations. Was this hotel a smoking hotel at one point because there is a lingering stale cigarette smell. Our room #223 had a musty wet smell to it. You played elevator roulette each time you got in. We'd press 2 and it would go to floor 3 EVERY TIME! Elevator is extremely tiny. The bathroom was ridiculous. You had to go in, squeeze yourself against the toilet just to close the door. We had a baby with us so there wasn't really enough room to set up his play pen to sleep, but we managed. The beds were way too soft and our bedding almost had a damp feel to it. We had been at the Calgary Zoo all day and our baby was very cranky so we decided to stay. If we had the choice, I would have gone to another hotel. Breakfast was just OK, typical hotel breakfast. Wish the food was hot though. Waffle was good. Not sure why you guys ask how your stay was if all you say is 'oh I'm sorry about that' when you tell them what was wrong with the room. We found a pair of sunglasses under the bed skirt, so I'm not totally confident that the room was all that clean. I could see them just standing there. We won't be back here and I won't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear AnakeRose,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take all guest complaints very seriously and have made changes based on your feedback. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Great hotel near to the airport and quick acces to the downtown. There are restaurants around and gas station as well. Very comfortable bed and pillows in a good space, I recommend it for bussines trips.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mantos,

Thank you for your review. We were glad to hear our location suited your needs and that you found our beds and pillows comfortable.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Best Service I have ever had at any Best Western Hotel. The manager was fantastic with service, the front desk people were exceptional, and I will say they have the best shuttle drivers of anywhere, they were very very helpful to me as I have a really bad back and they did everything humanly possible to help me out. The room was great, comfortable clean bed, and clean room, easy access for me as I asked and the whole staff was just fantastic. The breakfast was awesome it was hot and very good. Coffee was extra good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Holly M

Dear Holly M,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Best Western Airport Inn. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Calgary.

Khos- GM

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice and clean. Had a hot breakfast, which wasn't mentioned on the BW website, so that was a nice surprise. Only big issue was the lack of parking spaces, which caused us to park in precarious spot (thankfully didn't get dinged up).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Bradley J,

Thank you for your review. We were glad to hear you found our hotel nice and clean and felt the hot breakfast was a nice suprise. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Calgary.