“Nice place” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Cold Lake, Canada
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrived at Best Western Airport Inn on Saturday June 15, 2013 with a warm welcome from the hotel staff. They were very pleasant. They told us about the full breakfast, where it was served from and what time it began on Sunday morning.
We went up to our room to relax before we headed out for the evening. The room was smaller than most that we have stayed in, but very clean. The beds were comfortable along with the pillows. We found that filling the tub for a bath was interesting. There was no warm water only hot and cold. So we added hot and then added cold.
Breakfast the next morning was great: scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffle maker to make your own waffles, sausage, potato patties, yogurt, toast, bagels,cereal, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee and milk. Many choices for those that are picky eaters.
The only negative thing I find about the Best Western Hotels is this: if the rooms are for 4 people than why do they not have four towels, facecloths and hand towels in the room. It is crazy that we always have to call housekeeping and ask them to bring us another set of towels.
We were very happy that the hotel was not far off the main road leading out of Calgary. Would stay there again if we end up in Calgary.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JAS1159
BWAInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
thank you so much for your review. we hope to see you again.

Khos _ GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Thai first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

You get what you pay for and this was great. This was $60 a night more than the last night what a difference. Great hot breakfast. Clean and comfortable. Great parking and not far from restaurants. No restaurant on location but found many around the area.

Room Tip: Just off #1 highway which was a great location.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank harveyrogalsky
BWAInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much writing a review about us. We hope to see again.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while my house was having construction done on it. Having parking, breakfast, and internet included was a major major plus for me, and would bring me back for that reason alone. The room was simple and clean, which is all I require in a room really. The staff was incredibly helpful and able to secure me an early check in the first morning that I desperately needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RBCanada99
thank you for your compiment and we hope to see you again.
Stony Plain AB Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Booked this place thinking it would be close to the airport - not so much. The room was okay - but very noisy - children playing hockey in the hallway, breakfast dishes being smacked around at 7 in the morning. The complimentary breakfast was tasty, but the noise was very distracting.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor?
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Just-plain-folk
BWAInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time and writing a review about us. Sorry that we are not close to the airport. due to the upgrade of the airpiort in Calgary all the hotels are so much further away and it is common to all the hotels in entire north east hotels which all are called airport hotels. time to time we do get team to stay with us and I am sorry about the noise. I must thank you for your comment on our breakfast.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The overall hotel seemed old, our room smelt like smoke at times and the fit and finish of the rooms are starting to show there age. The room we stayed in was really small.

On a positive note, they did offer a very good selection for breakfast and the staff were more then helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joshturbo
Thank you for your review. We have planned our upgrades and it will begin soon. Our staff members will be happy to hear for your compliments.

Khos
Morton, Washington, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Selected this hotel because of having an airport shuttle service and the staff were very good, especially the Manager.
Also, it was easy to visit downtown as a bus stop was around the corner (Route 19).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Ronald F
thank you so much and we will see you when you are in Calgary next time.

Khos
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here twice in March. During my first stay, I asked for a wake-up call for my first morning, and received it. I repeated my request for the second morning, but did not get one! Result: I had to miss breakfast, and was late for an important appointment. I complained about this to the receptionist as I was checking out. I also mentioned the horrendously loud partying that had gone on in the hallway of the 3rd floor the night by some inebriated males, noting that the evening security guard had managed, with difficulty, to quieten them down. The receptionist reduced my bill by $15.00 for the inconveniences I had endured. During my second stay, a week later, I tried calling the front desk to request a wake-up call, but got a busy signal on three separate occasions. Finally, I set the brand-new alarm clock I had brought with me, and hoped it would work and wake me up. It did, so from now on, I will not rely on wake-up calls. The hotel has improved since I stayed here in October, 2010. The lobby now has two computers, one of which is hooked up to a printer. They have been moved to the right of the automatic doors, so the location is not so cold. Parking can be problematic when the hotel is full (which it frequently is). There is a drainage problem in the southern parking lot, with a pool of water 4" (10 cm) deep in the middle of the lot. This turns to ice when it freezes. There are no side entrances/exits to the hotel, only the lobby. The fitness centre is very small, and the stair climber was not working when I tried it. Staff members, especially the manager, Mr. Khos Bayansan, are friendly, and breakfast (hot and cold) is reasonably varied (but why is the cutlery divided into two different places?

Room Tip: The western section faces a residential area, and is quiet. The ground floor sees a great deal of tr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business