“When you absolutely need a place to stay . . .”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #49 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The downtown convention hotel was booked, its automated reservation system impenetrable, and I could only fly in the night before. The Best Western Airport gave me an airport shuttle, a room for nearly half the price downtown and breakfast the next morning. Good value. And it's reservation system was staffed by humans who facilitated a change of dates without penalty when I booked the wrong date!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marty D

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stay there at least twice a year when we attend religious conventions in Calgary. We had an extra weekend Jan 4,5, 2013, We love the hot breakfast - Belgian waffles, hot eggs, sausage, bacon, various breads, and several cold choices. The rooms a re comfortable and have fridge and microwave. There is a nice pool and hot tub. Not too busy in the off season. Close to major roads in Calgary.

Room Tip: top floor, corner is quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had a great stay here last week. The room was clean and comfortable, the free breakfast had lots of options, and the location was great. The have a little snack area where you can buy drinks and snacks - was happy to see that so I didn't have to go out in the cold. Plenty of parking as well.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

For 1 night it's pretty good. I haven't stayed longer periods. Doesn't have a restaurant and that could make things difficult during longer stays. Good Breakfast. Taxi service worked
Very good. Remember to ask for 20% discount at nearby restaurant.

1  Thank Boriarrobo
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel with a few quirks. Like many places it has a combined AC/heat unit that blows straight up causing the sheers to billow and sending the heat up in to the valence. I'm surprised there's no guide to steer the air in to the room. I always end up sticking something into the vents to hold back the curtains. The room had a oversize TV hanging on the wall. It was so large it could only be properly viewed from the next room. I like a TV that I can angle so I can watch a little TV while on my computer. Not possible with this set-up. The fridge door wouldn't stay closed so I turned off the unit. These "free" breakfasts are a pet peeve of mine and their's had scrambled eggs that tasted like they came out of a bottle and the coffee tasted like instant coffee - cheap instant coffee. I'd trade the breakfast for a good cup of coffee and a nice muffin.

I really like the Best Western mattresses, and these were good. Outlets and internet service worked nicely. The location is good and the staff pleasant. It's obviously an older place but it's been looked after. It was okay for what I needed but there are other places I'd consider.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ben324
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked on line and got the AAA rate so it was a good value. It was further from the airport than we thought but there was an airport shuttle. The bed was comfortable so we had a good sleep. We wish there were real glasses instead of paper cups.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

People were very nice. I will recommend that place. If I can change something, it will be the coffe. I will upgrade because the breakfast is very good. The place is very neat. The pool ant hottub were very nice. So , only the coffe. Thank you

1  Thank Jogoyet