“A Good Overnight Stay for a Solid Night's Sleep”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersGold level
Lethbridge, Canada
“A Good Overnight Stay for a Solid Night's Sleep”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

After a delayed flight from Victoria, I was happy to arrive at the Best Western Airport Inn, just so I could have a soft bed and a good night's sleep. Other hotels may be more elegant, but this particular property offers everything that a traveller needs, especially when you want to be up and travelling again on the following morning.

The desk staff were cordial and helpful: they had already arranged for my wife to check in early, as she was waiting for me to arrive from my flight. The first room assigned to her had been freshly wallpapered (making the room still smell slightly of wallpaper paste), but when she brought this to the staff's attention, they gladly upgraded her into another room on a different floor.

I found the room to be clean and comfortable, and the queen-sized bed was soft and spacious. I slept well, and then enjoyed a continental breakfast the next morning. The breakfast fare was simple (including boiled eggs, toast, orange juice, coffee), but substantial enough to get us going on our road trip back home.

This has been my second time staying at the Best Western Airport Inn, and the cost is so reasonable that I will probably stay there again on my next late-night flight to or from Calgary.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hemingway_traveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Thai first
Edmonton
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Recently stayed at the Best Western Airport Inn in Calgary overnight with my husband. He stays at this hotel often when he is in Calgary. I was surprised at how good it was because from the outside it does not look like much and is actually kinda sketchy looking. Dont worry though once you are in your room the beds are great, the rooms are spotless and the flat screens are great. We stayed in room 333 and the king size bed was very comfortable, They also supply 4 king size pillows which were also very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was really good as well, With toast, bagels, yougurt, boiled eggs, make your own waffles and cereal as well as juices, milk and really good coffee. The staff were very pleasant and helpful as well. Wireless internet is free and worked well on my Ipad. I would recommend this hotel and we will stay their again, the value is incredible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank olstead
Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times and both were good. It's nothing fancy, there's not much to do in the vicinity and there are no good restaurants in the area. But for a place to stay before or after a flight it's fine. The staff is professional, the airport shuttle bus is free and prompt and the breakfast is meagre but adequate. On my next trip through the Calgary airport I'll stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank gLoBe-HoPpErMaN
Red Deer, Alberta
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed one night before catching an early morning flight from YYC (about 13 km away). The check-in staff were friendly, parking adequate. It had a Thai restaurant which I didn't try but it looked nice. The hotel is dated, somewhat run down in places (elevator, hallways). The room was small but clean enough but the bathroom had cracked tiles, an older tub with a $79(CAN) tubsaround, was in generally poor condition. I wouldn't call this a Three Star property, more in the two star range.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank johnalexG
Ottawa
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were told this was a fairly new hotel. Very nice decor, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was not too far from the airport,though airport expansion gave us some detours. Some hiccups with the wifi but I,m sure they can be sorted out. The pool and hot tub are on the main floor....We hate it when they are in the basement! There is a nice breakfast room beside reception with a good variety of hot and cold foods. What we did like was the breakfast room was transformed into a Thai restaurant in the evening. We had a beautiful meal there. Lots to choose from and great service. This hotel has been well planned. We would definitely use it again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DeerDeerOttawa
mumbai
Reviewed November 10, 2011

On completion of a great holiday in Canadian Rockies, me and my spouse were to catch an early (0600am) flight from Calgary to Dallas; so we moved to this airport hotel. it is almost midway between Calgary city and the Calgary airport.very conveniently located. the hotel is average with clean rooms. it provided us packed breakfast (as we had to leave at 0400am0 as well as complimentary shuttle for airport transfer. good service.

Room Tip: rooms on ground floor are convenient to shift the baggage, as the hotel does not provide valet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charoos
kent
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We booked to stay here because of its proximity to the airport, (not that close, we discovered, despite its name!). We had arrived into Calgary in the evening, after a 10 hour flight, so were looking for somewhere to rest for the night before continuing onwards. The hotel has a free shuttle service to and from the airport, but unfortunately it was not available when we arrived, so we paid $50 for a taxi instead. We were shown to a rather grubby and tatty room, and informed it was one of the few rooms that had not yet been renovated. Never mind, we thought, we just need to sleep and then move on. When we went to get into bed however, we discovered that the sheets had not been changed since the previous occupants. The bedlinen was soiled and dirty, so I asked for some clean sheets. I stripped the beds and remade them with the clean but unironed sheets. I tried to ignore the stained and dirty mattress protectors underneath! There was an overwhelming smell of stale cooking in the corridors and our room. On the plus side, the receptionist was polite! We left as early as we could in the morning - I just couldn't get out fast enough!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple