“Surpisingly pleasant”

Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Stayed here while attending the Calgary Motorcycle show. The rates we received we amazing and I was not expecting any frills. To my surprise, this hotel exceeded my expectations. Hotel was clean and pleasant. Staff were friendly, beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious. Pool was nice along with the hot tub. Exercise equipment was in need of repair. Only one elevator serving the hotel. Continental breakfast meet our expectations and the room were breakfast was held was clean and well supplied. Will stay here again and would recommend for travelers on business or just passing through

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank bdguard
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Compared with other hotels we stayed during our trip this one was overpriced. This hotel needs a renovation. Everything looks old and a bit run-down. The room was big but not very clean. The carpet was stained. When we entered, the room was like an oven. We had to turn on and run the AC for 30 minutes to get it to a habitable level. We made the reservation days in advance so they should have turned on the AC earlier.
The brakfast was very good and the reception staff was generally polite and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank treveller101
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Stayed here on Canada Day '09. Knew that it would be a bit pricey as it was a holiday, but $180 for this place?? Seemed a bit ridiculous. Rooms were fantastic; clean as you can get, great beds and overall very comfortable. Nice free breakfast in the morning. I would give a differing opinion on this place had it not been holiday pricing, but for now it gets an average rating. I would however try this place again if I was in the area, depending on price....

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ktown_traveller04
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Four of my girlfriends and I (all in our early 20's and from Ontario) were visiting Calgary for the Stampede for the first time. Our entire stay was great. The staff were incredibly friendly, and the rooms extremely clean.

The front desk agent.. Dan I believe his name was.. drew out a map of all the good bars in the area for us. He also called our room later that evening to ask us if he could pre-order us a taxi for the night.

I currently work in the hospitality industry, and the service we received at the Best Western absolutely wow'd me! I would recommend this hotel without a doubt (especially during the stampede since it's only about a 15 minute walk from the stampede grounds)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed May 8, 2009

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean although the rugs are looking a bit old and rugged in places. I really appreciated that my room had both a small refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast, provided at no cost, was simple and nutritious. The hotel was quiet (despite being on a major route in Calgary) and overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I came to Calgary to attend a conference and stayed in this hotel because I was unable to book a decent hotel downtown (no more 4* were available).
I was very happy about my choice. The hotel is quite close to downtown - 5 min by car or cab. It is also at the entrance to the Calgary Stampede. The lobby of the hotel was elegant and the staff was extremely polite. I arrived at 1p.m. and even though the official check-in is at 2p.m., I was given a room right away. The room was large, very clean and comfortable. You could set your own temperature in the room - turn on the A/C or heating, whatever you felt like. The hotel pool is quite small. The complimentary breakfast is continenal but it will not leave you hungry.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank prudenttrav
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed here for one night at the start of a two-week road trip through the mountains. I had redeemed my air miles for the stay, and I do wonder whether that impacted on the quality of service.

My only two requests were 1) away from the elevator and 2) as large a room as possible, given that we had MOUNDS of luggage including two sets of golf clubs for our two week trip.

Our room was situated right beside the elevator next to the lobby. This meant that one wall faced the main road, one wall backed onto the elevator, and another juxtaposed the lobby. Awesome. Also, it was by far the smallest room I've ever seen in a Best Western.

Otherwise, things were adequately clean ... the noisy elevator was teensy tiny requiring a very crowded trip with our stuff ... and would I stay there again? Likely not. But you take what you can get when it's free.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple