“Business Excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“Business Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Met all expectations - close to downtown, really good ammenities, great staff!! Hotel is clean and well looked after - everything in working order (room items, pools, internet access, etc,etc) Breakfast was really good - lots of choices. Free paper delivered to the room in the mornings. Have stayed many times, and always perfer to come back!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

alnoor61049, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Calgary Centre Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for making us your first choice! I’ll be sure to pass the compliment on to our staff as we strive for the very best in guest service and they are very deserving of the praise.
Hope to see you again soon!
Alnoor Lakhani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've been to Calgary many times but I've never been to this Best Western. I was quite pleased with the room and the service, and the breakfast, while not fancy, was certainly better than most of this type. Two small comments - the packaged heating unit had to work hard all night with the noise you get from these units (it was very cold) and I'd like to see a dark roast coffee available. These are pretty minor quibbles. I have seen comments on awkward parking but there is a back lane in that is easy to access, so it's not a major problem. The location doesn't have much around it, but it's close to downtown and much easier to navigate, so by comparison with downtown hotels it has advantages.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to post your comments and for choosing to be our guest during your visit to Calgary. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Oliver, BC, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Best Western on Macleod Trail had comfortable, spacious rooms with decent amenities. The staff were friendly, courteous. The overall location was good, fairly close to restaurants and shopping. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Glad you enjoyed your time with us! Providing you with top notch customer service is what we pride ourselves in. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next stay!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip in January 2014. The hotel was pleasant, but I wouldn't say it was amazing by any stretch. One thing it did have going for it was the fact that it was very close to the venue where I had to go every day. The rooms were mid range and the beds were pretty comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments. Renovations are in the planning stages so please look us up again.
Respectfully,
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here Feb 1, 2014 on the third floor. The only issue we had was the sound of water running in the pipes and I wondered if our ceiling was going to flood as it went on for about an hour. It woke me up during the night with the sound of water in pipes in the walls.

The room was spacious and has two queen beds. The bathroom is spacious but the bathroom door needs to be completely closed if you leave the room as the entrance door swings inwards and the bathroom door swings towards the entrance door. The bathroom door can get caught on the entrance door and you can see the gouges in the bathroom door from this happening. The carpet could use a good cleaning but all in all, the room was very neat and tidy and didn't have any smell whatsoever. It faced the front street and you could hear traffic but not so much that it kept us awake.

There is a computer in the lobby for patrons and also swimming pools and a hot tub as well as a work out center.

Breakfast is provided on Level LL and there is a variety of items to choose from. These items included: cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, premade pancakes, sausages (which my hubby said tasted great, real pork) and scrambled eggs. Juice, water, milk, coffee, tea were also provided.

Although we had the issue of water in the pipes, this will NOT stop us from staying with Best Western. We always enjoy staying with this hotel chain when we need a comfortable place away from home.

Room Tip: Top floor and not facing the front street (MacLeod Trail).
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whiteangelgail
Thank you for being a loyal guest and for sharing your experience. You can always count on us for a comfortable room and delicious hot breakfast. I’m sorry there was a noise that kept you up and rest assured this was an exception. I have brought this to the attention of my staff to ensure the issue is resolved.

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our room was spacious with two queen beds and on the third floor. One odd thing was the bathroom door. It is directly behind the entrance door to the room and if the bathroom door is left open when you leave the room, be prepared for the bathroom door to "catch" on the entrance door and make a further gouge in the bathroom door. The room was clean although the carpets could stand a cleaning. The room we had faced the front street and there was some traffic noise but that eased once it got later at night. We did have a problem with the water pipes in that there seemed to be water draining right above our ceiling and that lasted for about an hour. During the night, the same noise would happen again but in the wall closer to our beds. When I informed the front desk at check out, the gentleman apologized and thanked me for informing them of the problem. He also made a note on our Best Western account, to upgrade our room on our next stay. There is a computer in the lobby for patron use as well as a pool, hot tub and workout room. Breakfast was provided on Level LL in the mornings. Pretty much usual items for breakfast: cereals, bagels, premade pancakes, sausages (which my hubby said were really good - real pork sausages) and scrambled eggs which looked good although we didn't have any. There was toast, juices, water, coffee, teas and fresh fruit. The one issue with the water keeping me awake will NOT keep me away from Best Western. This was a "first" issue for us. They will definitely remain our first choice when travelling and need a place that feels so comfortable away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Room 216 - $159.00 total for 1 night.

Entered room and smelled a weird chemical smell, immediately opened the window, where it remained open the entire stay, was (-4C). Round table in room was broken, picked up remote and it stuck to my hand with visible staining. I had to "wipe it down" and wash my hands (ew) The TV channels as well as the internet cut out 5 times, during our movie of course. There was a local ringette tournament going on, and the kids were running around until past midnight which was disturbing, maybe if I could have slept, which was impossible on these hard beds. I would recommend placing a sign on the heater by the window stating it is controlled on the wall as I got up numerous times trying to stop the heat coming from it.

Overall, being a Best Western rewards member, this was the worst Best Western I have stayed at. I was disappointed, but I didn't raise a fuss as i was TOO TIRED. Went and stayed at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino the next night, and it was very pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
alnoor61049, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Calgary Centre Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you that our rooms are cleaned and checked to ensure you have a comfortable stay. If for whatever reason you don’t find your room satisfactory, we encourage you to speak with the front desk and they will be happy to look into it for you. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you’ll give us another chance.