“Large Room & Good Value”

Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here on business as I was setting up an event at Stampede Park. This hotel is just a few minutes away on Macleod Trail. It was a bit weird to get to the hotel going southbound, but you can make it work. The free parking (with plug-ins!) is a major plus when visiting Calgary and it is frequently $25 to park overnight. I was checked in quickly though I an confused as to why they needed a damage deposit. My room was clean and had many seating areas. Although I overlooked Macleod Trail, the noise was not much of a problem. The tv was an old school tube which was a bit odd to see. Free internet is a major plus. Bathroom was fine, nothing fancy. Chinook Center is a few minutes down the road if you want to kill an evening or get some food as there isn't much around the hotel in walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LB1982
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn

Reviewed January 7, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank KEVIN O
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst exploring the area of Calgary, the location of the hotel is okay, its on a busy road a couple of miles out of the main town, there weren't many interesting shops on the strip it was rather run down, however a couple of miles further down the road was a brand new shopping mall, there weren't too many dining choices around other than your usual fast food joints, but the hotel served a lovely cooked breakfast. The rooms were big, modern and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smileycat13
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Location was great for us, Staff were very friendly and helpful. Large parking lot in the rear was able to accommodate our truck & trailer. Good breakfast included in room rate. A little noisier this time as far as traffic noise, as our room was at front of hotel on ground floor. Have stayed here before and will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank tarnott
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Along a busy road, so not in the centre of Calgary.
The whole hotel (lobby, common area's, our room) was clean and looked nice/quite new.
Staff at the front desk was professional/friendly. Our room looked really nice too, and big.
Very very comfortable bed.
Our room was one level lower than the reception, in the "basement" (still we had a window) next to the pool area and opposite the breakfast area.
Still, no issues with noise or what so ever.

We did use the pool area, with a nice hot tub. Alas we could not get the jacuzzi to work (there was no insturction). and there was a very noisy family with a little one (but that is of course not to blame to the hotel - the pool area is nice!)
Breakfast was a bit less good than what I expected based on the rest of the hotel (still, a quite normal average) "free" breakfast. We took some and ate it in our room.

For dinner, we made 10min walk along the busy road, to a really nice Japanese sushi place: highly recommend!
For going to downtown Calgary, we took our car. Be aware that parking is very very expensive here (and there is not that much too see in Calgary).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Belgian_traveller_8
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This central hotel is on a very busy street on one side and the subway on the other side close to downtown center Calgary. That being said once inside it is a very clean comfortable with lovely white cotton duvet covers on the comphy beds. The excellent full breakfast was included in the very modest rate compared to other downtown calgary hotels a very good value. The parking is free the front desk staff were helpful and very nice. The lovely immaculate pool (i did not use) was a nice touch and the complementry newspapers were appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to business people or someone wanting a very clean convenient location for visiting Calgary this is not really a vacation spot.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the subway and am a very light sleeper it was not an issue
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 10000elle
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am in the Hotel business with 30 years experience. This was a decent hotel, the reservation was made quickly and efficiently. Check in was good, the clerk was pleasant and professional. The room was fine (I was by myself) but I can't believe any hotel still uses old crt tv's.

Water pressure was not good in the bathroom, it took forever to fill the tub for a bath. Beds were clean and comfortable.

Checkout was professional but "cool", I got a Hello to my Good morning and a thank you as I was handed the bill but that was it. I was not offered the bill to approve the charges which I think should always happen. I was also not aware of the Eco Stay fee.

Overall a good hotel. I would return.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo