“Look no further... you've found the place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Calgary Centre Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Calgary Centre Inn
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Saskatchewan
“Look no further... you've found the place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed here in late April, and I had *extremely low* expectations. A Best Western 30 feet off Macleod Trail, I figured we could bear it for the night we had to stay there. Wow, was I wrong!

Check in was a breeze, and Dan at the desk was very pleasant and helpful. He recommended Smuggler's Cove for a place to eat, and not only did we have an awesome night at the hotel, we had an awesome meal as well! Every request was answered promptly and he went above and beyond to boot.

We booked four rooms. All were very clean and comfortable, and we all had an excellent night's rest. I was worried about traffic noise, but we were on the back side of the hotel. Then I spotted the LRT out the window and figured we were screwed either way. Nope - didn't hear a thing.

We utilized the pool in the evening, and although there were screaming kids (to be expected in a pool at a hotel, I think) the facility was clean, towels were supplied, there was a shower right there to hose the chlorine off, and there were both a separate shallow pool for smaller children and a hot tub that was clean and kept @ 104 degrees. Absolute perfection!

It's not exactly a restaurant, but breakfast was supplied in the morning, eggs, sausage, and all the other regular fixings, It was a tasty breakfast, and far more than I get at the Days Inn in Saskatoon where they give you cold cereal and coffee.

Departure was just as easy and pleasant as the check in was, and I had no troubles at all with my vehicle having been parked in their free lot overnight.

The *only* negative thing I have to say about our stay is that I couldn't pick up their wireless internet in our room, but there was a corded connection in the room that worked fine, and the internet was included in the room rate as well. Lots of other hotels are charging up to $20 a day for internet access, so this was really appreciated.

We'll never stay anywhere else in Calgary again. It's a can't-miss!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
13 Thank SaskatchewanTripster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Golden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

When I stay in Calgary I always stay at the Best Western MacLeod Trail.
They have very low staff turnover, and the folks at the front desk always remember me and are so pleasant, particularly Dan. I actually look forward to checking in and chatting with the staff
The room is very clean, and plugging in my laptop this evening behind the bed there is not a hint of dirt - usually a spot that is overlooked.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank alpinevalerie
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

Stayed here while attending the Calgary Motorcycle show. The rates we received we amazing and I was not expecting any frills. To my surprise, this hotel exceeded my expectations. Hotel was clean and pleasant. Staff were friendly, beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious. Pool was nice along with the hot tub. Exercise equipment was in need of repair. Only one elevator serving the hotel. Continental breakfast meet our expectations and the room were breakfast was held was clean and well supplied. Will stay here again and would recommend for travelers on business or just passing through

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank bdguard
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

Compared with other hotels we stayed during our trip this one was overpriced. This hotel needs a renovation. Everything looks old and a bit run-down. The room was big but not very clean. The carpet was stained. When we entered, the room was like an oven. We had to turn on and run the AC for 30 minutes to get it to a habitable level. We made the reservation days in advance so they should have turned on the AC earlier.
The brakfast was very good and the reception staff was generally polite and helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank treveller101
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

Stayed here on Canada Day '09. Knew that it would be a bit pricey as it was a holiday, but $180 for this place?? Seemed a bit ridiculous. Rooms were fantastic; clean as you can get, great beds and overall very comfortable. Nice free breakfast in the morning. I would give a differing opinion on this place had it not been holiday pricing, but for now it gets an average rating. I would however try this place again if I was in the area, depending on price....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ktown_traveller04
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

Four of my girlfriends and I (all in our early 20's and from Ontario) were visiting Calgary for the Stampede for the first time. Our entire stay was great. The staff were incredibly friendly, and the rooms extremely clean.

The front desk agent.. Dan I believe his name was.. drew out a map of all the good bars in the area for us. He also called our room later that evening to ask us if he could pre-order us a taxi for the night.

I currently work in the hospitality industry, and the service we received at the Best Western absolutely wow'd me! I would recommend this hotel without a doubt (especially during the stampede since it's only about a 15 minute walk from the stampede grounds)

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rachel M
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2009

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean although the rugs are looking a bit old and rugged in places. I really appreciated that my room had both a small refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast, provided at no cost, was simple and nutritious. The hotel was quiet (despite being on a major route in Calgary) and overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business