“Worst hotel EVER!”

Delta Hotels Calgary South
Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I travel 3 weeks out of the month all year - and this is by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed at.

When we arrived we wondered around the hotel for 30 minutes looking for someone to check us in. When someone finally showed up, we were told they "gave our suite away" - and we arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon - AND I had called 3 days before to confirm our arrival!!!! Then they try to put us in a room with one bed and a pull out couch - and we were supposed to have a suite originally as we had 4 of us!!!! We call down and complain, and we have to wait for another 30 minutes for someone to bring the keys for our new room.

Our new room smells like pee, the lights don't work, and the carpet is ripped up in the corner!!!!! WAY crowded with weird furniture.........storage maybe? We complain and are about to leave, when they tell us they do have the 2 adjoining rooms we suggested when they "gave our room away".

45 minutes later we were in ...............and charged $1500 for 3 nights for 2 rooms - the food sucked - we had a local hobo actually living outside of our room ............................THIS IS A DELTA?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2008

Overall, we were not at all impressed with our stay. We requested a cot for in our room but then had to call the front desk to get it delivered, one day of our 5 night stay there was no housekeeping done in our room, the pool very rarely had towels, the weather was hot during our stay and the air conditioning was not sufficient to keep our room comfortable, we extended our stay by one night and I went to the front desk to do this, but on the day of the extension we were locked out of our room.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

The rooms were beautiful. The Hotel was lovely. The staff were very efficient when I called them.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This was a very poor hotel for the price (almost 200 dollars Atrium side)
The rooms were somewhat dated, they were in need of repair . .. for example the door closer had leaked oil all the way down the door, the tiles in the shower were broken and about to fall off in some cases.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel because I usually stay at Delta's and this property was by no means up to the Delta standard. I stayed at this Delta for business and the main reason why this was not that great was the housekeeping was terrible.

Little things such as glasses left half full were not taken away and stayed in the room until the day I left. (3 days). A full ice bucket of water was left on top of the ironing board left out, which was also left out the whole stay. I've never had that bad of housekeeping service in a hotel before. I did let the person at the check out know and they said they would contact the housekeeping people to let them know.

I have to say the breakfast was very good, they had a breakfast buffet every day with a larger breakfast brunch on Sunday. The property is older and they are undergoing some renovations but they have a lot of work to go.

I filled out an online survey of my recent stay as I always do with every hotel (how else can they get better if you don't?) I mentioned the above details and a few days later I was contacted by the hotel manager who apologized for the housekeeping I received and has sent me a weekend free in a superior room. While I was not looking for that, it was a nice gesture.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2008

When I booked my room I specified a certain suite, one that I'd previously stayed in. When I got to my room it was the wrong one. They were more than accommodating, they upgraded me to the the best suite in the hotel & offered me a discounted rate. A few hours later they brought up Sparkling wine & chocolate covered strawberries with a card apologizing for the inconvenience. This certainly made up for their mistake!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Great family hotel for staying in Calgary. Delta had a zoo promotion package during our stay. This gave us a room with 2 queen beds, passes for the Calgary Zoo and access to the hot breakfast buffet. The price was very good value for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. We had a room in the Atrium Tower. The room was clean and the beds were good. The hot breakfast buffet was very good with lots of variety and even had a cook making omelettes to order.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family