“Great (Business) Stay”

Delta Calgary South Hotel
Ranked #45 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Selected the Delta Calgary South due to proximity of work (visiting corporate office from another city).

I was greeted warmly both at the front entrance and by the front desk clerk. Check-in was quick; directions to room in the Atrium building were accurate. After walking into the room I get now why so many of our company employees stay here on business - not only for the proximity to our corporate office but for the room amenities.

The room was spacious and well appointed from the clean, bright bathroom (light over the bathtub; light over the open shelving housing shampoo, etc.) to the chair/ottoman with great reading light and chair side table. The iHome clock with iPod docking station and option for soothing night-time sounds to help get you to sleep was a nice treat. I appreciated the smart desk - lots of room to spread out files. Lots of room to hang clothes and the full-length mirror helped to ensure I looked my best before leaving for work.

I requested a bowl and spoon from the front desk so I could enjoy a bowl of cereal in the morning and this was delivered promptly by a lovely man to asked if I needed anything else; he asked if I was enjoying my stay; and he made sure to let "us" know if there was anything else the staff could do to help me enjoy my stay.

Bed and linens and pillows - so fabulous and comfortable!

The location can't be beat - so close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, we're glad to hear you enjoyed our location and our team members were able to make a difference during your stay. We hope to welcome yourself and your colleagues back soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

worst hotel experience ever. first time i stayed here a couple weeks ago, the elevator broke and i was stuck until a 3rd party company could make it there and get me out. when the doors opened, there wasn't even a hotel representative there to be hospitable in the least bit. even the guy getting the doors open was on the roof of the elevator. I had an event going on in one of their ballrooms that i was headed down to with the A/V equipment for the presentation so the other staff couldn't even do anything without me there.

unfortunately we had already booked another event for this same hotel and on our arrival tonight, the front desk guy was a very rude which is a whole other story. oh, and the rooms are tiny.

Room Tip: choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chriscQ7435UL
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor Chris C. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of hotel staff representation and follow up when you were let out of the elevator as well as the experience on check-in during your subsequent stay. What you experienced is unacceptable and we would more than welcome the chance to discuss what we are able to do to make things right for you, and also your colleagues that may have had to wait for your arrival and set up prior to your event. Please contact me directly at gerickson@deltacalgarysouth.com. In addition, we have shared your feedback with our team in an effort to minimze the probability of a guest having a similar experience to yourself. Thank you again for sharing your review.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Nice hotel, a little dated but OK.
Room size was smallish, but tasetefully decorated.
Clean.
Good front desk service.
Okay waterslide, pool and amenities.

In general, a mid class hotel for a mid class budget. Don't expect too much and you'll enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we'll share your feedback with our Front Desk Team, thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by the company I was working with in Calgary. It is situated in a nice enough area with sufficient restaurants etc within walking distance. I was on the eighth floor and has reservations about how busy it would be for lifts though with three to choose from I never had too wait more than a couple of minutes for one. My room was in the tower building so it was a bit of trek everyday, across the skywalk to the breakfast area and fitness room. The latter was well spacious and well fitted out considering it was in a hotel though one of the machines was broken during my week duration. Food in all restaurants in the hotel was good with a good variety. Would normally use the pool for a relaxing dip but didn't as one was too public and the other was intended more as fun pool with slides. Staff were very attentive, courteous and friendly. My room had a excellent view over the wooded surrounding area on one side and a distant view of a mountain range-Rockies? On the other. The room itself was spacious and comfortable, though the air con was a bit noisy. The shower was of the walk in type with plenty of room. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for charing your experience, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the fitness equipment issue, but we are happy to share we are currently awaiting the arrival of all new machinery for our fitness centre. We expect that to arrive in the next few weeks. Thank you again for sharing you review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

After being kicked out of the Holiday Inn Express South for posting an unfavorable review on their website. I was without a reservation looking for a hotel for the evening I got great service and a nice room at the Delta Hotel. It is located north about 1km of the Holiday Inn Express. Their rate for me walking in was better than the corporate rate at the Holiday Inn, the room was more comfortable and the staff was friendly and courteous. If you are staying in South Calgary on business my advice is avoid the Holiday Inn Express and try the Delta.

Room Tip: Didn't try the spa or the breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Business_Traveler544

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, we're so happy to hear you found our team members friendly and courteous, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Somewhat old fashioned rooms, which need an upgrade. The breakfast buffet, is great especially the eggs and pancakes ;-). Two swimming pools, the one with the slide with too much chloride. Great and helpful staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your review, it's great to hear our team made difference during your stay. We'll also share you feedback tregarding the chlorine levels with our Engineering Team. Thank you again for sharing your review.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Looked for a room close to IKEA with a pool for the kids to have a swim before hitting the road again. Delta fit the bill with a waterslide. Check-in was smooth, the front-desk staff directed us to parking for our camper, as well as to the room. Room was clean, beds were comfy. The waterslide and hot tub was clean, although there weren't any towels by the pool. We had a good sleep until someone pulled the fire alarm at 3 am and everyone had to stand outside until the fire department cleared the place. Check-out at the Delta is nice, a bill is slipped under your door and if you are satisfied, leave your room keys in the room and your card is charged - you don't have to go to the desk. Speeds things up!
My only suggestion for improvement would be to stock the rooms more generously. There were four of us staying in the room but it seemed to be set for 2 guests, only 2 towels, 2 glasses, etc.
Room was very reasonably priced so would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your insights and will share them with our housekeeping team regarding how the room was stocked. Please accept our apologies regarding the fire alarm being triggered at 3am, thankfully it was a false alarm and we were able to identify the individual responsible. We hope to welcome you back soon!