Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel
$74
$70
Agoda.com
1,210 results
All reviewsport o callwater slidesgreat water parkcabana roomkiddie poolclose to the airportmain poolunderground parkinggreat family hotelhot tubbreakfast buffetfront desk stafffitness centerexcellent hotela great stayclean roomsfitness room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We didn't actually stay here ourselves, but our friend did while she was in Calgary for work. She invited our kids over to use the water park facilities while she was staying there. They are wonderful. We say kids ages 1.5 to 20 having a fantastic time. Two good sized water slides, a kiddie pool with a perfect toddler water slide and a small hot tub (which is not too hot for kids). I recommend this hotel to anyone with kids.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank See-y0u-there
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The basics: Comfortable beds, clean rooms and quiet nights, friendly hotel staff.
The extras: Fridge in room, desk, black out curtains
The icing on the cake: awesome pool and waterpark for all ages, excellent coffee bar in lobby with delicious cinnamon buns and fruit cups, electric fireplace in room, view of city skyline & mountains

We are a family of 5 who stayed here two different weekends on a business / pleasure trip and LOVED this hotel. Everything I expect from a hotel plus a few pleasant surprises. Our kids, aged 6 & 4 , loved the pool and slides. Only one minor issue we had both weekends was that we had to repeatedly ask for a crib to be sent to the room. We did get a crib both times but we had to call down to front desk a few times and were waiting to get the baby to bed. Crib showed up close to 10pm - later than we hoped to put baby to bed. The first stay they brought an old rickitty crib that I wasn't too sure I wanted to use. I think the hotel need to invest in some more (and newer) cribs or playpens to accommodate families with a baby. But that was one minor thing amid many great experiences at this hotel. We ate at the restaurant, jets lounge and the coffee bar and all were excellent! All in all a great hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MatchelMich
Reviewed June 14, 2012

What a wonderful experience we had at the Best Western Port O Call in Calgary.This hotel far exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a mill of the run 3 star hotel, but got 4/5 star service that took our breath away.Most hotels have been using limited staff, but no this hotel.Chung K.Young the GM has staffed this hotel very well.This hotel's staff is extremely friendly and focused on customers needs. Every maid I passed each day during my stay made a point of saying hello to me.The rooms are large, well equipped and very clean. Mo at the front desk is exceptional.He alone made our stay worth every dollar it cost us. I would not stay any place else in Calgary.My sincere appreciation to Mr. Young and his great staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dealmaker
CKYYoung, General Manager at Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you Dealmaker, for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel as well of our vibrant city. I am very fortunate to be working with a great group of employees that demonstrates their passions each day in anticipating the guests' needs. We are glad that we've earned the right to be of service to you the next time you are travelling this way again.
Have a wonderful Summer!

C. Young

Reviewed May 15, 2012

My family loves the new indoor water park, great food, and huge guest rooms. And the professional service is that of any world class hotel. Hats off to the entire management and staff.

Room Tip: I've stayed here 3 times and the rooms were all good. But I think it's the 5th floor that I liked the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jude N
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel, led by manager Chung and the amazing staff saved my brothers wedding day!
After my brother and sister-in-law's 1st venue pulled out 23 hours before their wedding, and replacement venue backed out on the wedding day ( 6 hours before she was scheduled to walk down the aisle) Chung stood up to the plate and said we could have the wedding at Port O'Call.
Not sure what to expect when we arrived, we were all blown away by how clean and beautiful the hotel is. Especially the bridal suite!!!!
With only 5 hours to spare, Chung made sure he got his staff to the hotel, his amazing chef whipping up a scrumptious meal, and the ceremony and reception site ready.
The hall was beautiful. What an amazing space they have and it's perfect for a wedding!
They went above and beyond to make sure the day turned from a disaster into a dream come true. Everything and anything we needed, they took care of-and did so with a huge smile and kind heart.
This hotel, Chung and his staff are absolutely the most wonderful, dedicated people.
Thank you will never cut it. They saved the day! The wedding was an absolute success, and the bride and groom got the wedding of their dreams-at last!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple