All reviewslondon drugssmall kitchenetteabove groundbreakfast roomfree breakfastwithin walking distanceunderground parkingrestaurants and barsbedroom suiteyogurta great place to staycalgary stampedewould stay here againan upgradefront desk staffnice roombeds were comfortable
Reviewed December 7, 2017

I was happily surprised at the quality of service I received while staying at the West Western Plus Suites Downtown. They answered all my question and offered assistance whenever required. They were more than happy to call for Cabs so I could get around the city more efficiently and even provided the number to the Cab service so I could use them for my return trip. I was surprised at the cleanliness of the room I stayed in and how they cleaned it daily while I was out without disturbing my items. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
calgaryGeorgecalgary, General Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Dear 899matthewmrs,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review!
We will share your comments with the team, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next stay with us!

Reviewed December 7, 2017

This is a very comfortable hotel. The location is excellent for business in the city centre and for shopping/dining on 17th Ave. We were on the twelfth floor and the view was incredible. The front desk staff were very helpful, considerate and accommodating. Extremely good value for the cost. Note that you may need to ask for a renovated room as they have not all been renovated.

Dear Sandra,
We appreciate your lovely review and are glad that you enjoyed both the hotel and the proximity to all amenities!
We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed December 4, 2017

We had to find a hotel quickly in Calgary as we had a very dire medical emergency to contend with - we booked over the phone from Edmonton and got an excellent rate and when we arrived found the hotel clean, the person at the desk remembered our situation and was most helpful. The rooms,) we had booked two as we were also travelling with an infant and the parents, was clean, well appointed and had everything we needed. Breakfast was free with the room and had lots of choices. We got an excellent rate - the hotel is central and I can't speak highly enough of the professional, and great customer service we received,.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family

Dear Judy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are so sorry to hear about your medical emergency, and we are so glad that our staff were able to help you get settled in nicely!
I will share your lovely comments with the team, thanks again Judy, and I hope 2018 is a year of health and happiness to you and yours!

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Last Saturday (December 2) was my second time staying at the BW downtown location and I always receive excellent customer service. The location was very convenient, rooms I stayed at were clean and spacious. Breakfast was good, all the staff I met were great. The lady (I am sorry I am bad with names, I forgot her name but she is working evening shifts every time I checked in, I hope you could mention her name) was very nice and accommodating to my requests. She was very friendly and was always smiling. When I checked out it was a male front desk and he was nice as well. Housekeeping staff were all friendly. I have booked all the weekend of December that I will be in Calgary in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
calgaryGeorgecalgary, General Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Karen,
Thank you so much for your lovely review! I will be sure to share your comments with the team! I think the team member you are referring to is our lovely Shazia.
We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Calgary!

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Nice staff good location. The rooms are a little bit old but spacious and comfortable. The restaurant has average food but just next to the hotel there is a lovely Sushi restaurant. The hotel has enough parking lots and the Express Check Out did work very well.

Dear Tariqa,
Thank you so much for your lovely review!
We are pleased to advise that we are in the final design stage of our upcoming renovation project!
We look forward to hosting you again next trip to Calgary!