Best Western Plus Suites Downtown
$154
Sheraton.com
$109
$85
All reviewslondon drugssmall kitchenettebreakfast roomabove groundwithin walking distancefull kitchenfree breakfasttwo bedroom suiteunderground parkingrestaurants and barshotel is in a great locationyogurtcalgary stampedehot breakfastwould stay here againan upgradefront desk staff
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
calgaryGeorgecalgary, General Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had to fly into Calgary without much notice. The prices of hotels blew me away as some literally were close to $1000 a night. I am used to staying at 5 star so when I started hunting for some cheaper options I was a little nervous as to what I would get.
The room was not cheap- on hotwire it was still $200 for a 3.5 star but took a chance.
The hotel is in a pretty good location and is about 30-40 minutes from the airport- roughly a $40 cab ride. Staff were friendly and accommodating. My room actually had a kitchenette which I wasn't aware of. The fridge and microwave came in handy.

It was roomy and was very clean. They offer a hot breakfast free with your stay which certainly is helpful. I didn't have time to try it but seemed decent from the looks of it. It was very quiet in that area over night & had no issues with noise waking me up.
There is a fantastic donut place next door that is all organic called Jelly Modern as well as a London Drugs , Dairy Queen, a convenience store and a pizza place a block away.
The location is pretty central to anything you would need to do.
The hotel is rated a 3.5 star and I would agree with that rating.
I noticed that the hotel site itself was offering some great room rate specials on certain days. I would check there first and compare those rates to the " discount hotel sites" before booking. You may be able to get a cheaper rate booking directly with the hotel. I would have no problems staying there again.

Dear Dana0331,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our hotel and the surrounding area.
We certainly hope that you will return to us again on your next visit to Calgary!

We highly recommend visiting our web site or please feel to call us directly for specials.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I would rank this as a budget hotel, the rooms are a good size, location to everything is ideal, was lacking ambiance but was reasonably priced and included parking, wi-fi and breakfast(which we didn't eat). I personally like a little more luxury, if you want a place to lay your head and can get a distant deal this place would be okay. It really felt like an old apartment building converted into a hotel. It is really close to lots of fabulous restaurants.

Dear Rootietootie22,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
We are happy that you were pleased with the value for your money!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed at a few best westerns and by far this is one of the best ones. I do a lot of traveling for my kids sports and the kitchen suites are very spacious. The staff is so polite and they always ask if you need anything to make you feel more comfortable. My kids and I absolutely had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alexis788

Dear Aelxis 788,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments on our hotel!

We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff helpful and accommodating. We will share your comments with the staff members!

A Best Western traveler