I stay at many hotels as I travel a lot for business all across the prairies. This was the 2nd worst stay I've ever had. Being a business person internet access is a must for me so I was very disappointed when the access was incredibly slow.
When I went into the bathroom I noticed that there was mold on some of the grout on the tiles that surround the tub. Good thing I don't have allergies! The shower curtain was very thin and cheap. I was afraid I was going to rip it trying to close it to have a shower. Also, the drain plug in the bathroom sink didn't work properly.
The bed was average and the room had a large flat screen TV but that's about all I can say on a positive note about this place. Oh, and the location is pretty good which is why I stayed here at all. That and the fact it's a Best Western so I get points for staying with them as I'm a member of their rewards program.
Like some of the other reviewers I've read here I too had issues with the restaurant. I went down for breakfast and decided not to have the buffet which wasn't complimentary like any other Best Western I've been to so I decided to order off the menu. It took 10 minutes for the waitress to come ask me what I was going to have. She came to the table and said "What was I going to get you?". I said "Nothing, I just want to order". I'm not sure why it took so long to get service because most people in the place were having the buffet. I had to wait again to get my bill so breakfast took much longer than I initially anticipated. My recommendation is avoid the restaurant unless you have lots of time.
At check-out the lady said they were under new management and they were planning on doing renovations. Hopefully they get them started soon as the room I had was not up to par for the price they're asking. In my opinion, unless you can get a room here for under $100 per night it's not worth the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FULLY RENOVATED. a new design will capture your eyes. new rooms will give your body a night of sleep that you will always remember. Classy, Modern, and comfortable. a piece of art is ready for you to stay and enjoy . The BEST WESTERN VILLAGE PARK INN is Spacious. Open, Warm and Welcoming. Plus we have great people waiting to serve and accommodate you. Discover this full-service Calgary hotel offering underground parking, high-speed Internet and convenient location in the heart of Calgary. The BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn takes great pride in offering attentive customer care to every guest traveling to Calgary for business or leisure. Hotel guests will find this the perfect location situated right off Highway 1 (Trans Canada) and the Calgary Light Rail System. The University of Calgary and McMahon Stadium are within walking distance from the hotel. World-renowned Children's Hospital and the Foothills Hospital are nearby. Business travelers will be near many corporate locations including the Garrison Business Park. For guests looking for things to do in Calgary, the hotel offers access to the Calgary Zoo, Calgary Stampede and Banff National Park. Each stylish and spaciously-appointed guest room features cable satellite television and high-speed Internet access. Enhanced amenities include an on-site restaurant and cocktail lounge, indoor swimming pool, executive club floor with VIP services and underground heated parking (fee). Business, conference, wedding and ballroom facilities are also available. Stay at the BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn for superior customer service and a great location in Calgary, Alberta! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Village Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Village Park Hotel Calgary
- Best Western Village Park Inn Calgary
- Best Western Calgary
- Calgary Best Western