“Loved it !!”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 3,679 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Glenmore Trail
Transit: Chinook station (c-train).
Description: Chop Steakhouse is located in Calgary's Chinook Centre, next door to the Cineplex movie theatre. Visit our website for menus & drink specials.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our small family get together/celebration turned out to a delightful party at Chop. Our server Kylie was pleasant, informative & very attentive . Great suggestions from wines, appies , main course etc. we all chose different dishes ... Lobster, ahi tuna, chicken, prime rib & sirloin tip. Excellent.
The pea pods & veggie tempura weren't "the best ever" but ok.
A definite "two thumbs up". Thanks to Kylie & staff for the complimentary Proseco & the congratulatory card they gave my sister in recognition of our celebration ! Thanks.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I purposely go the CHOP for their delicious steak bites! If you haven't tried them you have too! I actually "crave" them! The service whenever we have gone has always been excellent. We have never had a rude or incompetent server which is amazing in today's world. The food is always excellent! I always order the Chop SAlad which is by far the best chopped salad I have ever had! Its really big so you can share it! Great location since its at the mall :) So if they don't have a table ready you can walk around the mall and they will text you when your table is ready! Love this idea!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We went there was when it first opened and wasn't very impressed with the service and speed of the food. We decided to retry this restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. Food was good and fast. Service was friendly and efficient. We'll try this place again.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had the small lobster dinner and I have had better (and at a better price), but the hostess, bartender and chef were extremely accommodating. We were tired and looking for a store and a decent place to eat. I came across Chinook Centre and saw Chop and said that's where we're going, please see if they are open. It was 11:35pm and they closed at midnight. Very nice hostess said if we ordered by 11:45pm, they would serve us. I told her we were also looking for a convenience store and she directed us to a 24 hr. one just down the drive. We took seats in the bar, ordered at the top of my head, had a good drink, good conversation, and a pretty good meal. Considering we were probably all not at our best, it was very good.

1  Thank FoodLover_T
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My son took us out for lunch at this restaurant. We both had the Steak Sandwich, mine was with French Fries (very oily and lacked any crunch), my son had it with the caesar salad which was very garlicky.

Steak Sandwich
6 oz New York striploin on fresh sourdough with roma tomatoes, parmesan shards and arugula lightly tossed in balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard, topped with crisp red onions $17.95

Our other guest had the Steak Bites - marinated bites of steak served with sweet Dijon barbeque dip and horseradish aioli $12.95 . Her bites were over cooked.