“Fabulous service, nice food”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Glenmore Trail
Transit: Chinook station (c-train).
Description: Chop Steakhouse is located in Calgary's Chinook Centre, next door to the Cineplex movie theatre. Visit our website for menus & drink specials.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Today was our first experience at Chop and it was a pleasant one. Our server, Katey was a nice, energetic person. She knew the menu and even made some suggestions outside of the specials. We also met the manager and he's certainly upbeat. We tried a couple of different appetizers and my husband had a chicken dish, I had a steak, both were fantastic. We were too stuffed for dessert, maybe next time!

2  Thank steampunkgirl
There are newer reviews for Chop Steakhouse & Bar

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The restaurant has very good decor and layout and the hostess was very friendly and welcoming. However, we were disappointing with the food quality. The taste wasn't what you would expect in such an establishment, somewhat bland and ordinary. The food wasn't cooked as requested and our waitress was too busy to flag down and when we did speak with her, we were not sure she really understood us - or maybe she didn't want to believe us.

Not somewhere I care to return and I don't have a sophisticated pallet so I don't think I'm being fussy. Spend your money elsewhere unless its for the atmosphere.

1  Thank Dhoom13
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The service we received at our visit to Chop was excellent! Drinks came quickly, appetizers were great, and the main meal very tasty. We chose the lounge, a bit more casual, and having dined in the main restaurant before, we were impressed that you get the same full menu in the lounge. The crab special was very good - my husband ordered a second serving. And to finish the night we chose a wonderfully delicious sampler dessert - just right for sharing.

1  Thank Razz88
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Its sort of like Denny's with nicer tables. there wasn't anyone else there which was nice. no noise or music just the sound of employees talking. After a very short wait I got my uncle bens rice and a pile of meat, I even think they pre-chewed the meat for me! big time saver.. service was good. 5 waiters to 2 tables. would have liked a glass of water or a second beer but they looked busy talking about something so I didnt want to bother them.

2  Thank d n
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was unfortunate enough to have spent the whole of March in Calgary (too cold for my liking) - but this restaurant was one of the saving graces of the whole experience - the food and service were excellent and I ended up eating here a number of times during my stay. This is definitely a place to go if you enjoy a good steak - cooked exactly to your desire - but nothing more than medium.