There's a thief at large who's not afraid to enter your room while you sleep and rob you. My husband and his brother arrived in July 2010 for a 10 day stay for the Calgary Stampede. The 2nd night WHILE THEY SLEPT someone managed to enter their room by clever means and stole a large sum of money from both of their wallets. Police were called in by us. So far nothing has been recovered and I'm sure it never will. I thought management would have offered some kind of compensation for their misfortune but they weren't offered anything. When they returned home from their worst trip ever I called IHG ( Intercontinental Hotel Group ) who owns Holiday Inn Express to see what they would do for us. All we got were apologies and were told the hotel is not liable. Its a police matter we were told. During the stampede its a very busy time where the hotel prices jump drastically as there is more demand. At $200 a night there should have been added security or security cameras. WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously there are ways for thieves to enter your room so make sure you use your deadbolt. The good side of this story is they didn't wake up during the robbery and were unharmed. Who knows what might of happened had they woke up. We will in the future never stay at any hotel unless they have room safes and we will never stay at this location again This has left a displeased customer who feels customer relations is not a priority.The HOSPITALITY PROMISE quotes "IF ANY PART OF YOUR STAY ISN'T SATISFACTORY WE WILL PROMISE TO MAKE IT RIGHT OR YOU WON'T PAY FOR THAT PART OF YOUR STAY. JUST WORDS-------EMPTY PROMISES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy A Smart Stay At This Calgary, Alberta Hotel Both leisure and business travelers will benefit from the prime location and amenities found at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in South Calgary. Our hotel's location is 30 km from the Calgary International Airport (YYC) and .05 km from the C-Train at Canyon Meadows Station. From the 24-hour fitness centre with elliptical trainer, treadmill and life cycle to the indoor pool with a water slide and a hot tub to the complimentary hot breakfast with warm cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, cheddar cheese omelets, yogurt, juice and coffee, we go beyond other hotels in Calgary to give you the amenities you need. Each room features cable TV, a microwave, a refrigerator, a workspace with two phones and free high-speed Internet access. You'll enjoy being in close proximity to Heritage Park, Spruce Meadows Equestrian Park and the major attractions throughout Calgary, Alberta. Our hotel is just a shopping trip away from SouthCentre Mall or Chinatown, and we're a short drive from outdoor fun at the Calgary Zoo, Canada Olympic Park or the world-renowned Calgary Stampede. Lodging here puts business travelers within minutes of Daimler Chrysler, Agrium, Earth Tech, Graham Construction, Reimer Express Lines, Fluor Daniel and other major businesses in South Calgary. Our hotel's amenities include a meeting room and a 24-hour business centre with copy, fax and print services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Calgary South
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn