Before booking this hotel we had checked TripAdvisor and were somewhat apprehensive due to the mixed reviews. We were looking for a hotel in south Calgary close to McLeod Trail and this was the only hotel in that area that had rooms available. Upon arriving to the hotel for check in, only one of the three rooms was ready (we arrived at 2:30) which wasn't a problem as we just dropped off our bags and headed out right away. The young lady at the front desk was very good at multi-tasking and had us checked in quickly.
I was quite impressed with the room size and amenities. There was a separate bedroom with large flat screen TV, sitting area with another large flat screen TV, small kitchenette with microwave oven, coffee maker and fridge. It was much larger than we needed for an overnight stay, in fact it was roomy enough for a 2 or 3 night stay.
The thing that impressed me the most was the comfortable bed and how quiet the room was during the night. Being that it was a Saturday night I expected to hear some noise but that was not the case. My daughter did say that the a/c in her room was loud when it started up during the night and woke her up.
Based upon my one night experience, I would stay there again. I think this would be a suitable hotel for family or business travel as it has a pool and seems to be fairly sound proof. There is easy access to main roads at the south end of Calgary from the hotel and is close to South Centre Shopping Mall. There are several family type chain restaurants within walking distance or a very short car ride from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy A Smart Stay At This Calgary, Alberta Hotel Both leisure and business travelers will benefit from the prime location and amenities found at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in South Calgary. Our hotel's location is 30 km from the Calgary International Airport (YYC) and .05 km from the C-Train at Canyon Meadows Station. From the 24-hour fitness centre with elliptical trainer, treadmill and life cycle to the indoor pool with a water slide and a hot tub to the complimentary hot breakfast with warm cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, cheddar cheese omelets, yogurt, juice and coffee, we go beyond other hotels in Calgary to give you the amenities you need. Each room features cable TV, a microwave, a refrigerator, a workspace with two phones and free high-speed Internet access. You'll enjoy being in close proximity to Heritage Park, Spruce Meadows Equestrian Park and the major attractions throughout Calgary, Alberta. Our hotel is just a shopping trip away from SouthCentre Mall or Chinatown, and we're a short drive from outdoor fun at the Calgary Zoo, Canada Olympic Park or the world-renowned Calgary Stampede. Lodging here puts business travelers within minutes of Daimler Chrysler, Agrium, Earth Tech, Graham Construction, Reimer Express Lines, Fluor Daniel and other major businesses in South Calgary. Our hotel's amenities include a meeting room and a 24-hour business centre with copy, fax and print services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Calgary South
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn