“Double Charged”

Holiday Inn Calgary Airport
Ranked #67 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Twice in 3 months my Visa was over charged at this Hotel--The first time was by $40.00 and the second was a double charge of $110.26--When I contacted the hotel about the problems, I had to do all the chasing and repeat phoning to get the matter resolved--took up to 5 phone calls per episode

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 21, 2009

Due to a missed connection, Air Canada put me up at this hotel for the night.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nicely appointed lobby, very pleasant staff at the front desk, and a very clean and modern room with pretty much everything I could ask for including a nice flat-screen TV.

The wired internet was fast and free.

Restaurant staff were friendly and helpful and the food was quite decent.

Even the shuttle bus drivers were friendly!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2008

The hotel is very easy to get to from the #1 highway. There isn't a whole lot in terms of its location. The only nearby restaurants are Subways and Denny's across the highway. However, there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel that has routes going to the C-Train.

The parking here is free and they will allow you to park your car for the long term for a small fee.

The room was standard but a little bit on the small side. I had to stand beside the toilet to be able to close the door. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

They provided free wireless internet which was very convenient.

I would recommend this hotel for a quick stay, especially if you are going to the airport. Like the other reviewers have said, this hotel isn't actually that close to the airport but they provide an airport shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2008

I needed a place to host a meeting for a upcoming event our company is having in September I had called numerous hotels prior to this one and got no reply back at all. I called and left a message with their Sales and Catering Co-ordinator. I was sure that by the end of the day I wasn't going to get a response back like with the other hotels. I was wrong. She was so quick to my response, I was floored and impressed. She gave me ALL THE information I needed to present to my boss right away. I was so impressed and I told her too that nobody called me back from the other hotels.
Not only was the service so prompted but, the prices fitted our budget.
I am definetly going to have them host more meetings in the future.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This was one of the best hotel's I have stayed at, and I'm on the road for business 220 days a year. Beautiful rooms with amazing new flat screen Tv's. Comfortable, clean, and best staff ever!! Anytime I am in Calgary I will definetely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2008

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. And again the stay was just as great as the first one.

This hotel has really focused on customer service and it shows with the Front Desk Agents who take the time to answer all the questions.

The pool area is very nice with a HUGE hot tub. The restaurant was very comfortable and we had no complaints about the food.

I will definately stay at this hotel whenever I am in Calgary.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We bounced from an unsatisfactory room at your #2 rated Hamptom, and were pleasently surprised.Front desk personnel were polite/efficent. Appearance of lobby was neat... if non pretentious. Covered parking for my car.The rooms are being renovated (distinct odour of paint in the hallways) but he finished product was very modern with pleasent toupe' colours and new bedding fabrics and furnature.The wall mounted flat screen TV, small fridge, wireless internet access, morning nwspaper, were all appreciated.Bathroom was 'tiny' but additional sink was provided just outside that room.Small exercise room, spa, and a pool ...best suited for youngsters.Not sure why this is branded an 'airport' hotel but the road system in Calgary is pretty good so you are probably only about 15 minuits away. Good access to downtown from this location as well (about 15 minutes)....and last but not least the rooms and hallways were very neat and 'clean'!All in all I believe they deserve a higher ranking on your list.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family